Snarky Brides
Options

Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion?

I'm okay with each pregnant woman deciding whether or not to bring her pregnancy to term.

Re: Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion?

• Options
    Why are you rolling up on damn near every board posting all of these random polls? 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    I don't think you will get too many arguments on that one. It does become more interesting/debatable when you add in the father's wishes vs just having the choice be the woman or government.
  • Options
    WHY DO YOU KEEP QUESTIONING US??

Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm going to go with the woman should decide.
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I dont think they should let women run out at 8 month pregnant and get an abortion, but I do think women should be allowed to choose up until a certain point.

So your poll is too broad for me.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-should-decide-whether-not-pregnant-woman-can-abortion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab4bb5f7-4931-41b2-b246-5d3e73fc1db9Post:e49c47e6-d250-4130-bb53-f750958d8f37">Re: Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well hello there. You're not too shy are you? I agree with KW.<strong> I hope that the father of the unborn child has little bit of input on this decision as well or at least knows about the pregnancy. 
    </strong>Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-should-decide-whether-not-pregnant-woman-can-abortion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab4bb5f7-4931-41b2-b246-5d3e73fc1db9Post:e1399c70-6932-420b-9c8c-fcf9bf3cee05">Re: Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont think they should let women run out at 8 month pregnant and get an abortion, but I do think women should be allowed to choose up until a certain point. So your poll is too broad for me.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.
  • Options
    What about the doctor's making decisions as well? I don't think you could find a doctor who would agree to terminate a healthy pregnancy after 12 weeks. Are we talking more about the choice to terminating or the choice to not terminate?
  • Options
    I think a woman should have the right to choose up until 2-3 months but then after that they most carry the baby to term as long as there aren't any medical issues with the woman/fetus (basically the way it is now).  
    The other side is, does the father have any legal input?  That's where it gets sticky IMO.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I think you should tell us all of your deep, dark secrets, Karenshopping. 

Do you lie in bed, dreaming up polls for TK?

Do these questions keep you up at night?

Are you writing an expose on wedding forums and the women who frequent them?

TELL US SOMETHING.
  • Options
    i agree with the PPs. i feel the woman should have the choice to have an abortion up to about 3 months (in my opinion) and she should have the sole choice. i do not think the father should have any say until the child is born and is no longer a part of the mother's body.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    1) I like polls. 2) I answer every poll I post. 3) The message board that I usually post on doesn't technically support polls. 4) If I had any deep dark secrets, I wouldn't tell you. This IS a public forum.
  • Options
    So many of you seem to think the father should have some say, how would that work in your world? 
  • Options
    Boo. You're no fun. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-should-decide-whether-not-pregnant-woman-can-abortion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab4bb5f7-4931-41b2-b246-5d3e73fc1db9Post:fb5bf98d-22ea-44c7-a3c1-e35dce562942">Re: Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So many of you seem to think the father should have some say, how would that work in your world? 
    Posted by KatyRoseM[/QUOTE]

Im curious about this too.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    The Spaghetti Monster decided for me. I think he flips a coin. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    It is up to the woman.  Period.  The man has no enforceable rights.  How many women have heard "Oh baby - I'll take care of you - you have nothing to worry about" and a year later he is nowhere to be found?   Only she can make the decision.

DISCLAIMER - I am a divorce and custody attorney.  I see the ugly side of this issue on a daily basis.  Perhaps this may color my views just a teensy weensy bit!
  • Options
    Dear Karen,

You're pissing me off with all the polls.  Seriously, are you writing a book or an article?

Sincerely,
    Anna
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-should-decide-whether-not-pregnant-woman-can-abortion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab4bb5f7-4931-41b2-b246-5d3e73fc1db9Post:d94d7ace-65b2-49e1-93b2-77c24e940bef">Re: Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is up to the woman.  Period.  The man has no enforceable rights.  How many women have heard "Oh baby - I'll take care of you - you have nothing to worry about" and a year later he is nowhere to be found?   Only she can make the decision. DISCLAIMER - I am a divorce and custody attorney.  I see the ugly side of this issue on a daily basis.  Perhaps this may color my views just a teensy weensy bit!
    Posted by manychihuahuas[/QUOTE]

I understand this, but on the other hand she can sue him for child support (yeah, she might not win, but there are legal rights there).   So she gets the final word on if he will be a father or not.  I'm not sure I'm ok with that.  Maybe if he could terminate his rights and responsibilities if he didn't want her to keep the baby it would work. 

At the same time he decided to take that risk when he had sex. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-should-decide-whether-not-pregnant-woman-can-abortion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab4bb5f7-4931-41b2-b246-5d3e73fc1db9Post:5db687df-5ddf-4eaf-8226-397af993f0be">Re: Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should tell us all of your deep, dark secrets, Karenshopping.  <strong>Do you lie in bed, dreaming up polls for TK? Do these questions keep you up at night?</strong> Are you writing an expose on wedding forums and the women who frequent them? TELL US SOMETHING.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>hahahhahhhahahahahhahahah</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-should-decide-whether-not-pregnant-woman-can-abortion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab4bb5f7-4931-41b2-b246-5d3e73fc1db9Post:aa78d86b-3c91-4f20-848c-92ece0426ab4">Re: Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion? : I understand this, but on the other hand she can sue him for child support (yeah, she might not win, but there are legal rights there).   So she gets the final word on if he will be a father or not.  I'm not sure I'm ok with that.  Maybe if he could terminate his rights and responsibilities if he didn't want her to keep the baby it would work.<strong>  At the same time he decided to take that risk when he had sex. </strong>
    But so did she. WHy does she get a choice for an "out" but he doesn't. 
  • Options
    I agree, why does she get an out and he doesn't? At the same time I don't want anyone to be able to force me to give birth.  This is why its a hard question for me, you shouldn't be forced to be a parent, even by your coparent. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-should-decide-whether-not-pregnant-woman-can-abortion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab4bb5f7-4931-41b2-b246-5d3e73fc1db9Post:1d8d80e2-1d78-4b6c-ad38-035f7cb6b043">Re: Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree, why does she get an out and he doesn't? At the same time I don't want anyone to be able to force me to give birth.  This is why its a hard question for me, you shouldn't be forced to be a parent, even by your coparent. 

<div>I think that's why this question is so hard. I wouldnt want anyone to be able to force me to give birth (they can't force you to parent, they could parent once you give birth), but I also wouldn't want anyone to remove that parenting opportunity if I wanted it. And I think that works both ways. Unless the parents can agree on what they want to do, then someone is going to be forced to do something they don't want to do. </div>
  • Options
    I don't care either way to be honest.
  • Options
    You don't care if the father gets a say?  or do you not care if the government gets to decide? 
  • Options
    I don't care about abortion. Get one, don't get one, it's one of those issues that really doesn't get me going.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-should-decide-whether-not-pregnant-woman-can-abortion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab4bb5f7-4931-41b2-b246-5d3e73fc1db9Post:5cb90854-c003-4797-a9a0-b857a7aff218">Re: Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't care about abortion. <strong>Get one, don't get one</strong>, it's one of those issues that really doesn't get me going.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

But that's not really a choice if some people get their way in Washington.  It would be pretty much "Don't get one.  Period."

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-should-decide-whether-not-pregnant-woman-can-abortion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab4bb5f7-4931-41b2-b246-5d3e73fc1db9Post:5d670cf3-29f3-4ebc-ae27-f5b0ea322acb">Re: Who do you think should decide whether or not a pregnant woman can get an abortion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Karen, You're pissing me off with all the polls.  Seriously, are you writing a book or an article? Sincerely, Anna
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Co-signed, me
    imageimage
  • Options
    That isn't going to happen. As much as I like my party (well not right now) I think they are SOL on this issue. Abortion is one of those issues that doesn't matter to me, I wish my parrty would tow this line too!
  • Options
    I'm willing to go further than most and say that the woman has a right to choose right up until the live birth (and I don't actually know when vaibility starts).

I don't know any woman who would run out at 8 months and get an abortion on a whim. If a late term abortion is a medical necessity, she's thought long and hard about the issue and she has a right to that procedure if it's in her best interest.  With her doctor she's looked at every angle, every likely outcome and she doesn't need third parties all up in her hooha carrying signs and graphic photos.

I'm even willing to take the position that the health and welfare of the mother includes her mental state. Saying that, I still find it inconceivable that a woman would use a late-term abortion as a method of bc. 

But once the baby is born, alive -- well, then it has a right to life that supercedes the woman's right to control her body and her medical care.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards