New Hampshire

Have you ever heard of Crop Share Agreements?!

Hey all, I'm getting married in Wolfeboro NH and a friend told me about this.  I just went to a local farm and they were happy to work with me.  It's set up so you pay ahead of time -this gives the farmer money for their start up costs.  Then traditionally, over the summer you visit the farm several times and are permitted to take a certain amount of stems per visit. 

I met with my local farm and explained that I was getting married and they were happy to have me come the week before my wedding and pick ALL of my stems in one visit!  I'm so excited that I will be getting 450 stems of seasonal flowers for $100 and 100% of the money goes to support local agriculture. 

Check into farms in your area, see if you can find something similar!

Re: Have you ever heard of Crop Share Agreements?!

• What a great idea! I did something kind of similar. We asked a local farm stand owned by friends of ours (LaValley Farms in Hooksett) to grow potted flowers for us. We put 5 small flowers on each table as center pieces, and then each couple took one home. I loved that we could support a local business- and friends too! We also got a deal on the pots (bought in bulk) through a local Agway store. Everyone loved them!
    Anniversary
  • That's amazing! What is the farms name? Will they do this for anybody or did they only do it special for you?
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards