Registry and Gift Forum
Options

How do I get out where we're regestered at?

I don't really care if someone shows up with a gift or not but I know some people will want to bring one and will want to know where we're regestered at.  I don't want to get bombarded with phone calls asking this so what's the proper way to get out there where we're regetered at?  Bed Bath & Beyond gave us those little cards that you can send out with the invites but that seems a little tacky to me ....anyone got any thoughts on this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do I get out where we're regestered at?

• Options
    Yes, putting it in your invitations is tacky.  You can put it on your wedding web-site, have it spread by word of mouth, or put those little card in wedding shower invites. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    People will ask and it's not daunting if they call or email you to ask, so don't worry about it.  Yes, putting any mention of it in the invite or in an attachment that comes with the invite is rude.  I put it on my web site and I've had a handful of other people ask.  Just make sure your parents and bridal party know so that they can field questions too.
  • Options
    Thanks girls glad I wasn't the only one who thought they were tacky lol :) I'll have to recruit my bm's to spread the word
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_out-were-regestered?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:e261ffd4-25a0-45c9-a7d6-9103f4c42c79Post:92677d55-cf5d-4baa-a88b-e1fd73eeb934">Re: How do I get out where we're regestered at?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks girls glad I wasn't the only one who thought they were tacky lol :) I'll have to recruit my bm's to spread the word
    Posted by Gismo123[/QUOTE]

Also realize that most people can easily find out on the internet. Your less internet-savvy guests may ask but even then they'll probably ask other family members/guests first before calling you. I definitely don't think you will have an unmanageable amount of phone calls. :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Shower invitations or wedding website, also spread by mouth would work as well
  • Options

When we registered my FI asked for alot of those cards. I threw them away once we got home. It is very tacky to put those in your card or mention on your card where you are registered at.

I was floored when a family friend sent us a save the date with where they were registered at.

Most of the time I search for it myself and come up with something.

• Options
    Since you are not the one hosting the shower, the places you registered at will often show up on shower invitations because the host wants the guests to know where to go. In todays busy world, people barely have time to get you a gift, so help them out by letting them know where to go (It's not actually you telling your guests where you are registered at, it is the host of the shower letting them know). Or you can leave people to fend for themselves to find out on their own. You know your family best, do whatever will work best for them. Every family is different. And remember, even if you do everything for you wedding with "perfect etiquette", you will still offend someone along the way.....you can't please everyone....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards