September 2012 Weddings

Pinwheels

Im new here so bear with me as I ask questions that Im sure have been asked before. :)

We have a VERY limited budget. I saw a picture on Pinterest with pinwheels instead of bouqets and boutonnieres for the wedding party. I still plan on having a real bouquet but I was just wondering if anyone else is doing this and if you are making your own or buying?

Re: Pinwheels

• not sure why it suddenly got bold...like i said, new here. :)
  • I'm not personally doing this myself, but pinwheels are so cute. If you want to save money, I'd probably make them. Some other, cheaper alternatives are buying cheaper flowers, less flowers, etc. Like I'm looking into doing baby's breath bouquets for the BMs. You can also forego bouts and do pocketsquares. =)

Try posting this on the DIY board and see if anyone has made them before. You might get some good tips. =)
  • edited April 2012
    I'm doing pinwheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love the idea of them and I personally hate flowers with a passion hahaha. We are making ours, definately cheaper this way. Each BM will carry a large pinwheel, I haven't decided exactly what I want to carry yet but it won't be flowers. Each guy will have a pinwheel boutonierre. Mothers will have pinwheel wrist corsage. One FG will carry a pinwheel while the other carries a "here comes the bride" sign. Father's will also have a pinwheel boutonierre. If you need any help let me know!
  • I love the idea of pinwheels and have pinned several of that type of picture on Pinterest, but I haven't committed yet. I think it might be nice to have some pinwheels in our centerpiece arrangements. Pinwheel bouts sound really, really cute!
  • I am doing pinwheels.  We are making them.  I've noticed that no one does pinwheel weddings! the girls bouqets are going to be pinwheels and baby breaths and same with the boutineres. and my center pieces and like aisle garland stuff is going to be pinwheels and baby breaths!
    but I am super excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards