Florida-Central Florida
Options

Probably more information you need to know.... (longish)

Maybe this isn't the best place to share this information but I feel the closest to this board so I am going to post it here : )

We are getting married on the 22nd of May! Everything is coming up super fast, so it seems and I am getting pretty stressed. First some background info.

My parents are divorced and remarried.  I love my parents and step parents very much and think of them as if they were my real parents. Recently my stepmoms father past away (whom I liked very much) and left money to my stepmom.  She decided to use some of the money to pretty much foot the entire bill for the wedding.  It is really sweet and generous! In no way to I want this to come across like I don't like her or appreciate what she is doing for us. But when it came to picking the cater she had lots of input (normally wouldn't mind). So I came up with a list of three that I thought would be the best fit for the wedding and their contact information and gave her this list. She went ahead and scheduled a tasting for her and my dad to go to. When they called me to tell me about it, they didn't even ask if I would be able to make it.  I am currently going to UF and had exams so I couldn't go to my own tasting!!! Their reasoning was that it would be more important to go on a date that my dad could go then me! Ugh so that was stresser number one... but it happend awhile ago so I am kind of over it now...

Second really big stresser (at least for me it was): The addresses on the invitations. About a week ago I finially finished printing, glueing, putting ribbon on, and stuffing the invitations. Then I went to the post office to make sure the font I used on the RSVP envelopes was readable they told me that it wasn't... after I already did all of them.  So I went to the store, got labels, printed them, and put them on the envelopes and restuffed all of the invites... Then I get a call from my stepmom.  She tells me that I have to redo all of her and my dads side of the guest list because she doesn't feel that the invites were worded properly... Thats about 40 invites! I also had two exams, a presentation, a quiz, and a paper that had to be started in that same week. I also have to get up to go to physical training with the Marine Corps (trying to become an officer) at 0430 every other morning. Needless to say, having to buy and redo 40 invitations was not working well with my schedule and I was extrememly stressed out! (she realized how stressed I was and was nice enough to do them for me, thank God!) I think worked on the invitations for an entire weekend and everyday something went terribly wrong and I cried because I was getting so frustrated.

(now to the point of the post) I think I stressed myself out so much with school, working out, and the wedding planning that I caused myself to be "late" by ten days! My FI goes to school in Virginia plus we are both waiting till the wedding night for both of our "first time".  I think I am about to start soon because of all the cramping going on.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I know high amounts of stress can cause your period to be abnormal...

Re: Probably more information you need to know.... (longish)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Man oh Man!  I am so sorry for all of your suffering and especially that you didn't get to go to your own tasting!  I'm also very proud of you though for taking it in stride and trying to understand her side, especially considering her extreme generosity.  Very adult of you.  I can't say I would have been able to handle it nearly as well myself if put in that situation.  At any rate, I definitely think it's possible for crazy stress to cause you to be late.  That has definitely happened to me before (especially with exam week at UF ... been there!)  But still scary though ... maybe you should do a test just to be sure.  It's reassuring that you are having some normal "pains" though ... it'll probably be there in the morning.  Only one way to be sure though!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for all of your troubles!
    Yes, stress can mess anything and everything up. Hormones are some very powerful things!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl, I was in IB in high school and didn't have a period for almost 4 months leading up to IB exams. YES stress can mess your cycle up like nobody's business. If you haven't started in the next couple of days (do you normally cramp before your period?) you may want to go see your gyno just to make sure everything is on the up and up. In medicine, though, the simplest answer is usually the right answer, so my bet is on stress. No more invites for you! Sleep! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, relax. I know how you feel since I am currently going through the UF stress mess right now, too. I have had that happen to me many times. Hopefully everything starts working out for you soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    stress can definitely mess up your body!

The BC (Depo Prevara)  I'm on actually made me stop having a regular period (i'll occasionally have a little light spotting), but with all the stress of the wedding day with DH being so sick and me being so worried about him, my period started the day of the wedding (I hadn't had a full heavy period in almost 2 years).  Luckily I always pack tampons and stuff just in case, and thank god I realized it was starting before putting on my big white dress, but it was definitely a disappointment to have it start then.

DH started feeling better, I got some much needed sleep, and everything went back to normal (for me). 

Try to take an evening off from the crazyness and relax.  Do whatever is soothing to you - reading, watching a chick flick, whatever.
  • Options
    cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa...you were in IB?! Me too!!!! How cool! LOL

Ok back to the post...sorry for all the stressors...that must be really tough! Yes stress can definitely mess up your cycle...since FI doesn't live close and you havent "gone to the movies" yet, i dont see the point in taking a test...although i think that if by the end of the week you dont get your cycle, you may want to schedule an appointment with a dr!

HTH!
  • Options
    thedrvalthedrval member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies:

Thank you for all of your kind words : ) Luckily the invites are done and I actually just received my first batch of RSVPs!  Also, I found out this morning that my cycle has finally decided to kick in (hooray? lol)
  • Options
    trishandbradtrishandbrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! You have a lot going on! Hope everything goes well. I live in the Gainesville area too. Best of luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards