Georgia-Atlanta

Cost of alcohol?

How much might I expect to pay for alcohol?  I think we might go with a restaurant, and just have beer and wine.  How much per person can I expect to add to the food cost for this? 

Or we might go with a different venue and provide our own.  We'll probably have 150 guests.  How much would you budget for diy beer and wine?

Thank you!

Re: Cost of alcohol?

• edited December 2011
    That's a good question, we are having alcohol at our reception as well... BYOB is a good idea but I don't know how many venues in Atl offer that service, so we are budgeting about 1000... we are thinking we'll pay for an hour or so not to exceed a certain amount and then the rest of the evening will be cash bar, probably with a BYOB it will be less expensive...

• cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid our venue $16 per person for 4 hours of unlimited beer and wine per person.  
  • edited December 2011

My wedding is in Duluth and we chose a BYOB venue because we wanted to have a full bar for atleast 4hours. Our bartender is charging us around $1000 for what we want. We also have 150 guest. You can send me a PM if you have questions and if you want his contact info. 

• adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is so expensive!  I hope we won't have to pay so much.  It seems so wrong when the actual cost of beer and wine is quite low.  By my calculations it comes to about $4 pp, even with a 20% profit margin.  I think we might need to rethink our possible venues so we can bring our own.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, the prices are rediculous, but it was definitely much cheaper going with a BYOB venue. I hated the fact that other venues wanted us to pay for everyone over 21, weather they drink or not. Rip Off!!
    Honestly, I'm not sure you're going to be able to do it for less than $1000 (even at a BYOB venue) unless you plan to only serve beer & wine. We paid around $1000 for 150 guests because we're having a full bar for 4 hrs, so I guess you could also save if you only keep the bar open for a couple hours.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are now planning on a place that let's us bring our own, and we're only doing beer and wine.  My goal is to keep our total cost to $6000 or less.  We'll see!  We really don't have much money so I think we can make it happen.

Thanks for your help!
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about this BYOB thing... but kegs of beer aren't that much, and not all wine is expensive either. I know that a neighbor had a party, and hired my roomates boyfriend to play bartener. $10 an hour is what she paid him. Could be something to consider for yourself. HTH.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  We are definitely planning to bring our own now, and my fiance's friend is going to probably do the catering, and he says we can do the beer/wine for $5 pp, which sounds pretty reasonable to me.  We do need someone to be the bartender...$10/hour sounds like a great rate!
  • HazelEyes536HazelEyes536 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    were were talking t the cateres at our venue in Madison and they were going to charge us $1600 for just beer and wine and that was calculateds by 85 guests haveing 3 beers and 2 glasses of wine! So we talked to a catering company who is MUCH cheaper for their bar set up and bar tender and we BYOBing it and it is not even going to be $1000
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards