Getting in Shape

Re: Phentermine

• I've take them before. It has a lot of side effects so beware. Just google it and and read up on it. It worked somewhat for me. I had friends who used it and they lost a significant amount of weight. Just be sure to drink a lot of water and eat 3 meals a day. Which was hard because I never felt hungry.
    Anniversary
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Tried it years ago in my stupider days.  Racing heart, inability to sleep, my skin itched,  I was NEVER hungry, and when I got off of it I almost instantly gained all the weight back.

So it's pretty much legal meth.  I wouldn't recommend it.

What are you doing now that is or isn't working for you and why do you feel phentermine might be an option to consider?
  • Anna took the words out of my mouth...err, fingers.

Meth.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I took it for years and screwed up my body royally.  I stayed thin for a while but it became an obsession and yes, it can wreck your heart and sleep habits - I still worry that I have caused irreversible damage to my organs.  Don't do it, it won't help you to get thin quickly and then gain it back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• OMG- are you guys serious???Meth? 
    The doctor seems nice and said it is only to be used - one pill per morning with a water pill for two months.  I was thinking maybe one week on and one week off. I do worry about any health implications. But I am NOT HUNGRY! And I want to lose weight soooo bad. I only got seven days worth-so I'll let ya know.  I have been eating only one meal of fish and fruit for the past few days. Do you guys think I'm a druggie now? lol Scary! What a great way to destroy to my whole life and wedding. Maybe I better re-think this.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_phentermine-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:6b6e6554-7293-4cdc-af24-0e73a4cd1096Post:142eba0b-011d-4f8f-8b73-704732ca03c7">Re: Phentermine</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG- are you guys serious???Meth?  The doctor seems nice and said it is only to be used - one pill per morning with a water pill for two months.  I was thinking maybe one week on and one week off. I do worry about any health implications. But I am NOT HUNGRY! And I want to lose weight soooo bad. I only got seven days worth-so I'll let ya know.  I have been eating only one meal of fish and fruit for the past few days. Do you guys think I'm a druggie now? lol Scary! What a great way to destroy to my whole life and wedding. Maybe I better re-think this.
    Posted by LesaAdams[/QUOTE]

Seriously, the only people who really should use it (i'm not a pharmacist or doctor, just IMO) are people who seriously overeat all the time.

If you're really eating as little as you say, you might actually be starving yourself into not losing weight.  If you don't eat enough your body shuts down a lot of metabolic processes to preserve function.  Such as weight loss.  Hop on one of the free sites like Sparkpeople or MyFitnessPal and start a profile.  Chances are, you need to increase your food intake in order to lose weight.  That's what I had to do.

Any questions or need help: feel free to page me on this board.
  • One meal?  And you think that's a good thing?

I would really like to suggest that you do some research on how to lose weight in a healthy way.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • One meal is terrible for you.  Take this from someone that took it for years and thought starvation was a cool way to live.  I'm using MyFitnessPal.com now to count all my calories and exercise and it's helped me lose 24 pounds so far the HEALTHY way, where I know it will stay gone forever.  

It is addicting and obssessive, and you're going to hurt your body.  Jut because it's prescription doesn't mean it's safe for you really.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards