October 2012 Weddings

Chit Chat Thread

Since it seems like a slow day at work for some of us, let's chit chat.  What's going on ladies?
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Chit Chat Thread

• I am not at work today.  H and I ran some errands today.  We are having my family over tomorrow for thanksgiving so I am going to do some straightening up around the house and cooking up some side dishes today. 

I feel like the only time I give my house a really good clean is when we are having people over, so it needed a good clean.

I recently accepted a new job MUCH closer to my house which I am super excited about.  comes with a smaller pay check but has a lot of positives and I am hoping it will give me and my husband more time to spend together and it will help me to be a happier person over all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Have fun with the family and congrats on the new job.  Sometimes I think a smaller paycheck with extra perks can be totally worth it. 
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Pretty quiet at work today for me, too. I'm looking forward to the day being over so I can go home and bake...H and I spent yesterday with his family, so we're going to my hometown tomorrow to celebrate Thanksgiving with my side. Monday I'm taking off work to FINALLY go to the SSA and DMV and get my name change done...then maybe some Christmas shopping if I feel motivated enough!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Oh I'm sleepy! I've been playing on Craigslist, looking at jobs and trying to get an idea on pricing a couple of things.

Yesterday, we provided the kitchen, bread and desserts and H's parents, sister and her two joined us to cook/enjoy dinner.

I'm counting down to five, then will pick up my son from his dad's house - hopefully before his dad gets there! Tomorrow, we go out of town to my brother's. H is helping him with the electrical work in his new garage/shop/whatever. Sunday, church and a bit of nothing I hope before we take step-daughter back to her mother.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • I decided last minute last night to go Black Friday shopping at midnight in Lee, Massachusetts!  My little sister joined me.  Got some good deals, especially for DH (thermals, cologne, a tie, a long sleeve tee shirt).  I was home by 4:20am, slid into bed next to DH and woke up to him leaving for work at 7:30 this morning.  Went back to sleep and slept until almost 1pm!  

So now I'm just hanging out.  I have to work tonight at 7pm so sleeping all day was perfect.  
  • I'm in Canada and while it's not Thanksgiving for us, there are some Black Friday deals to be had to entice us to stay North of the Border. I got H his birthday present ( a new watch) and a new leather coat for Christmas, both 50% off. I'm going to the movies with my Mom tonight. Tomorrow is work and then Sunday I have to write a paper that's due Monday morning at 8:30am.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I am also counting down the time until 5.  I am making a Christmas list that DH asked me to do.  I asked him the same thing and he came back with a $1k laptop.  Now I could definitely go for a new laptop but I think that I am going to have to say no to that unfortunately.
  • I just emailed lists for DH and I and a joint list to my mother.  I feel bad that we really would like gift cards, but we also want some expensive items that I'm not going to ask for (an apple desktop computer to share since we both have older lap tops, a new tv for the bedroom, etc.
  • I have been asked what I want for christmas as well.  I really don't know what I want honestly.  We got so much stuff for the wedding, and I know my mom is (at least trying) to get me a Kitchenaid mixer.  Brian (husband) always gets me great gifts and he is pretty easy to shop for.  He says exactly what he wants and never asks for much.

I hit up JC Penney this morning and finally got a pair of boots.  I have wanted boots for like 3 years but have not found any that were a. cheap enough, b. small enough to fit my tiny feet c. big enough in the calf area to fit my giant chalfs.  The pair I got were 25 dollars, were a tad big in the foot and perfect for my calves! SCORE!  I also got 2 shirts, a cardigan and a pair of dress pants and in total spent about 80 bucks!

Who is going to participate in Small Business Saturday?  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards