New Mexico

Boston Couple Visiting Santa Fe

We are visiting in April. Flying into Santa Fe.

Can you recommend hotels to "stay" or "not to stay" in.

We were thinking of the Hyatt Place/Santa Fe.

We also plan to visit Alber. too.

Thank you for your help. We are REALLY looking forward to our visit.

PS: If you want to suggest restaurants. too..thanks.

Re: Boston Couple Visiting Santa Fe

• edited December 2011
    the Loretto Inn is is nice
  • edited December 2011
    The loretto is pretty expensive.  When I stay in SF I hotwire a room and usually get a room at hotel santa fe for about $130/nt which is pretty good, you're near the plaza and the trian station.  I also like plaza rea and inn at the governorsl, both are vey nice. Tomasitas is a great restaurant for tourists, it's on Guadalupe.  My favorite is Tia Sophias on San Francisco across from the lensic. Pretty much there isn't a bad restaurant in SF.

I would recommend staying at Hotel Albuquerque or Hotel Anduluz for your visit to Abq.  Hotel Abq is in old town and has a cool bar downstairs and Christobals (high end restaurant int he hotel) is one of my favorites. 

In old town definitely go to church st cafe and get a green chile cheese burger from romeros (it faces the plaza) and I really like la hacienda on the plaza.  If you go around the university definitely go to the Frontier and get a sweet roll and a breakfast burrito, they will change your life! 

If you have a car a few other places to visit are: the santuario (a Catholic miracle site north of SF), Abq museum, New Mexico hisotry museum (sf), Georgia O'Keefe museum, and if you guys are nerds (like fh and I) the atomic museum is sweet.
  • kellaukellau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your help!
  • edited December 2011
    Other great places to eat in Albuquerque as well are Owl Café (the BEST green chile cheeseburgers you will find!!); and if you are looking for an upscale restaurant in the Old Town area of Albuquerque, Antiquity is an AMAZING restaurant!! It's actually the place my Fiancé took me to eat right before he proposed!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Here are some of the local haunts for Santa Fe:
    If you're into upscale, I would reccomend Geronimo in Santa Fe. My fiance and I met there & they are catering our wedding.  The food and service are outstanding. 
    The Rooftop Cantina at the Coyote Cafe is a great casual atmosphere with great margaritas and very good southwestern food with a twist.  Do NOT visit Santa Fe without going to the Cantina!
    La Boca - great tapas
    El Farol - very cool old western bar
    The last time we stayed in Santa Fe, I got a room at the Hilton (which was just fine) for $60 a night using the name your own price feature on priceline.  I highly reccomend using that tool.  You can specify the Santa Fe Plaza area and insure you're getting the best deal.
    Best of Luck!
  • kellaukellau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again ladies. With more snow expected in a couple of days...we are looking forward to our April trip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards