Florida-South Florida

jewish brides

what do u think of this??? shabbat dinner fri night with families and bridal party and then sat night since we have a lot of very out of town guests from abroad taking them on a yacht out of delray beach for a few hours without fiance since we are not seeing each other night before...

and are you seeing each other before the wedding ie pictures, etc???

Re: jewish brides

• Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am a jewish bride, my fiance is catholic.  We are having a cantor marry us though...(he liked her personality!)

Our wedding is at a hotel on a sunday night (Columbus Day weekend) We are sleeping in the same room Friday night.  We are having a rehearsal dinner the night before for the wedding party and immediate family, but we are NOT sleeping in the same room that night.  I will be sleeping in the hospitality suite of our hotel with my maid of honor, while my fiance sleeps another room.

We both originally wanted to not see each other on our big day until I walked down the aisle...but my mother and wedding coordinator explained to us that if we do that...we will miss our cocktail hour to take all the pictures that could have been down before the ceremony.

We don't want to miss any part of our wedding, so we will have the special moment picture where we see each other for the first time and then family pictures and wedding party pictures....then after the ceremony, we will take just pictures of us, then off to party!
  • bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jess that sounds like a plan as long as your FI is okay with missing out on the yacht (that sounds so fun!).

I'm really in a tough situation when it comes to this. I'm getting married on a saturday night in October, so we're having cocktail hour before because of shabbat. We are therefore missing cocktail hour and will probably have to do pictures during that time since our cocktail hour will be at 6:30pm and ceremony at 7:30pm right after shabbat..and then reception right after.

Part of me didn't want to see FI until walking down the aisle but another part wants those first look pics...I really don't have a choice though considering our timing! We really wanted an October wedding though since we started dating in October and both love that month.

• JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not really religious so we're having our ceremony at 6:30 on a Saturday, before the sun goes down.

We're seeing each other for pictures first, mainly to get them out of the way so we can enjoy our cocktail hour and get the nerves out. Also, we have to sign the Ketubah before the ceremony so we'll see each other anyway.

I am not staying with him the night before, I'll be with my girls in the hotel. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds nice. I know that since we had to see each other before the wedding for the Ketubah Signing anyway, we figured we may as well do a "first look" so we coudl take pics before hand etc...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards