June 2012 Weddings

QOTD - 7/5

How did you survive your first holiday being married?

Re: QOTD - 7/5

• Well I live in Canada, but we had Canada Day holiday July 1st and we built a deck in our backyard :)
  • Well.. we were OOT for it because we were staying over for our early honeymoon flight. We are at our layover now.. and then I won't be back on TK until after my honeymoon!!
  • Really well, actually. DH invited friends over, so we had a little party around our house, and then went to my uncle's to watch and set off fireworks. 
  • We hung out at home and got some much needed work done around the house. We basically treated it as any weekend day. It was nice to relax mid-week though.
  • Happy that we didn't melt. We actually spent it with both of our families in the same place - IL's house. They invited my family over for a cookout and H, brother and I went to a small amusement park about 20 minutes from his parent's house. It was a lot of fun!
  • Well, we survived. We were travelling all day.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It was the day after we got back from the HM and neither of us had slept in nearly 40 hours. H woke up at 1pm and I woke up at 3:30pm. So we missed most of the day. We ended up going to see Prometheus and getting pizza.  
  • Fantastically well! we opted to hang out with friends instead of family and both agreed when it was time to go!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Attended a party and got to practice introducing my new HUSBAND to everyone. I do love saying it.

• Wasn't any different than any other holiday we've had together except we're both still really tired. We got back last weekend from Hawaii and can't quite adjust to the time yet.

We went to our pastors house for the family/friend BBQ, then came home and started putting away all our wedding gifts. We cleaned out the kitchen and are donating almost a truckload of kitchen stuff to goodwill. Can't wait to get it out of the house!
  • Not really all that different than any other holiday except it was quite weird to fall on a Wednesday. We hung out at home, ran some errands and tried to stay cool. H started working on his next project, building us a set of bean bag toss. I wrapped up most of our Thank Yous!

• Pretty much the same as every holiday before we were married!  I am from canada, but we were in Maui so it was a non-event.

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We didn't get to spend it together. H had to work a 14 hour shift and I went up to a cottage with my family to celebrate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had breakfast with my parents and then made another trip to bed bath and beyond (2nd one in one week). Unpacked my kitchen aid (by far my most exciting gift, well we bought it w/ gift cards but i got it non the less!). Then went to fireworks and dinner at some friend's house. It was pretty awesome! 
  • Ours was ok considering no one melted, died, or got injured.  We moved more stuff to the new house and then went to the ILs for a bbq/swimming.
  • edited July 2012
    We normally spend holiday weekends with my in-laws since they are 3 hours away and my family is local. Since we just got back from Florida we opted to stay in town. H worked all day and we watched fireworks that night.
  • It tends to get tricky because we are both very close to our families and the 4th is his brother's birthday. I still have not spent a 4th of July with H. :( We've been together 3 years, the first 4th he stayed home, second & 3rd he worked. We went to his parent's to wish his brother a happy birthday. H went to work at 3 and I went to my aunt's for food and swimming. Then we went to my grandparent's house for fireworks. It was fun for me though. :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards