New Jersey

reviews-redo

I don’t come on here anymore, but I wanted to do my reviews from my March 26, 2010 to help future brides.  I’m not giving grades, just a recap.  Just an FYI, most of my wedding vendors are budget friendly vendors.

DOC-Giselle Madison Affairs: LOVED HER!!!!!  Gisselle was an absolute savior; I wouldn’t have been able to pull everything off without her.  She is just really amazing at what she does; my review can’t possibly do her justice.  She arrived the day of at 11:30am and just hit the ground running, she put on all 143 chair covers for us, did all of our ceremony décor, made sure all of my DIY items were where they were supposed to be, kept everyone on track, distributed funds, kept mints and tissues handy for everyone, made sure we were taken care of and the list goes on and on and on.  Even though she was only hired for DOC services she still helped me throughout with vendor quotes, getting my aisle runner and helping me with décor choices.  She is the sweetest woman, but is serious about what she does and is all business when it calls for it.  I would highly recommend her to anyone.  Her rates were beyond reasonable since she is breaking into the wedding business.  I don’t know if she has raised them, but she should I would have paid 10x her rate!  gmmunoz1@gmail.com

Gina Brozon-Make-Up- I LOVED my make up the day, it was perfect.  When I had my trial with Gina I like my make up, but the day of she totally blew me away.  I couldn’t have been happier with her and she made my BM’s look hot too!  http://www.ginabrozon.com/

JeanineLaMacchia-Hair- LOVED my hair, like my make-up it turned out perfect.  I didn’t have a trial with Jeanine b/c of snow so I booked her on Gina Brozon’s recommendation.  I was super nervous b\c I have a lot of thick hair that does not like to hold curl AND I was adding extensions.  When I saw the end result I was amazed, and she also made my BM’s look fab.  With the combo of my hair and make-up I seriously felt like a model.  http://www.njhairdesigns.com/homepage.html

Florist-Avenue Florist-Nathan-Loved loved loved my bouquet, the BM flowers were not exactly what I imagined, but they were very nice.  The centerpieces were just stunning, got so many compliments on them.  Nathan even added flowers to my cake although I did not ask for them, which was such a nice touch it really dressed up the cake.  Nathans’s rates are unbelievable!!  I first went to see a florist who is very popular on here and her rates for just the bridal party flowers were what I paid for all the bridal party flowers, rose petals for the aisle, 14 tall full centerpieces, and sweetheart table décor from Nathan.  (908) 354-7101

Photographer-NicoleM-Nicole was very sweet and conscious of what type of style photography we wanted.  I sent her a slew of “must take photos” and we recreated a lot of them which was exactly what I wanted.  I haven’t seen any photos yet, but I was very happy with her level of service thus far.  Her pricing is also very reasonable. www.nicolem.com/">http://www.nicolem.com/

Videographer-Kristen O’Gorman-I met Kristen on the knot when she did a no no post offering her services.  She is just breaking into the wedding industry (she herself is a future bride at West Mount Country Club) but she has experience working for the home and garden network.  Kristen was very sweet and her level of service and communication has been awesome. She was with us from 2pm until the very end of the night and she was very unobtrusive, but every now and then I would catch a glimpse of her so I know she was working very hard!  She already sent me a teaser and I LOVE IT; she did an awesome job so far.  Her rates were beyond reasonable due to her just starting out. kristen.ogorman@gmail.com

DJ/Lighting-Elite Sound Entertainment-Johnny Budz They just killed it!!!  They did such a fantastic job, kept the floor packed, read the crowd and worked off the vibe of everyone.  They were so professional and came to check on us several times to make sure we were happy with everything.  From the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception they did an awesome job!  My friend who is a DJ and pretty picky even commented on how good they were.  They also did our lighting and it was perfect it made the entire look of the room, so glad we got it. www.elitesoundentertainment.com/09/home.html">http://www.elitesoundentertainment.com/09/home.html

Photobooth-Go Festive-So much fun, all of our guests loved it!  Even DH who was completely against it admitted that he was happy we got one.  The attendant was helpful and the pics turned out great.  Only thing I would have done differently was bring some of my own props, some of theirs were a little worn. http://gofestive.com/

Officiant-Jill Dillner-Loved her!  She did a ceremony that was perfect for us and we had several people tell us that it was the best ceremony they have ever seen. Highly recommended. www.njhandfastings.com/">http://www.njhandfastings.com/

Bridgewater Manor- I have a lot of mixed feeling about them good and bad, but not really going to go into too much detail

Pros:  Food was AWESOME! 

They were very organized, kept the flow of the night and made sure things ran smoothly.  They made the décor look great and made sure (with the help of Giselle) that all my DIY items were exactly as I wanted.

Cons: They don’t provide chair covers and if you provide them you have to put them on

yourself.

When I first got into the reception room I could not get a drink and I had to track down a waitress to get one, and Matt went to the bar several times, not a big deal, but I just imagined Matt and I would be pampered more.

Overall:  I thought everything turned out very well with Bridgewater Manor, but they didn’t

really do anything to go above and beyond and impress me.  I thought my wedding was

fantastic, but I thought it was the overall effort of all of my vendors.
www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30677123&id=1188428995&op=1&view=global&subj=1580026539">
www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1099067&id=1135941123&op=3&view=global&subj=1580026539">

Re: reviews-redo

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards