Indiana

RitzCharles

Has anyone booked anything with the RitzCharles (ceremony or reception)? If so, what are the prices like?

Re: RitzCharles

• edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony in the chapel and the reception in the reception hall. We decided to have a morning ceremony and an afternoon reception on Saturday because it's more affordable. We have a guest list of only 50 people and they require a minimum guest count of, I think, 75 for a Saturday evening reception. No minimums on Friday or Sunday evenings though.

The chapel total (plus tax) cost us $1,284. You get the chapel for 4 hours. We chose to do a buffet for the reception and the one we chose is priced at $17.00 per person. Between the appetizers, buffet, champagne toast, and some upgrades in linens we are spending around $2,000. They have open bar packages but we're choosing to run a tab for beer and wine since we have such a small guest count.

A note about these prices tho, we are getting married this month and with March being in the wedding off season we got the chapel for a little bit cheaper. Im not sure if the food is any less expensive but it's a possibility.

Whatever the cost, the Ritz charles is really worth it. I've never heard anything bad about them and I went for a tasting last week and the food is phenomenal! Anne and Krisitin are wonderful to work with as well!

Good luck in your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    I just drove by this yesterday & said to my FI that if we were getting married here in Indy, I would love to get married there.  I love the outside green house building!
  • edited December 2011
    I think they were pricey but it really just depends.  I heard the food is great and it IS beautiful inside but I am getting married March 27th on a sat evening with 200 rough guest count and my minimum was 7500.  So we decided to go with the Palomino Ballroom instead.  A little more affordable.  :) But it was a very pretty place.. you should go in and check it out, as well as other options too just to make sure!
  • edited December 2011
    i was just going to add that the food there is great! sooo yummy!

@ Jessica, do you mind if I ask what some of your fees are for the Palomino?
  • purdueamandapurdueamanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding reception there in the garden pavilion and had a great experience with The Ritz.  They were super helpful during the planning process, the food was awesome, and all my guests raved about how beautiful the location was.  The price for the garden pavilion was $2500 for the room and $7500 minimum food/beverage.  So a little pricey but totally worth it in my opinion.  

GL!
  • jbutler0331jbutler0331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in October.  We're having the ceremony in the chapel which ran us about 1800-1900 with taxes and the service fees.  I still have a digital copy of the packages if you'd like to see the pricing.  The pricing is for the main catering hall but to do it in the garden pavillion they add an extra $6.50 per plate.  Send me a PM if you'd like me to send you the price listing that I have.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards