Illinois-Chicago
Options

Vendor Reviews Part 1 - 3/18/11

Hello Chicago Knotties!!! My wedding was this Friday and it could not have gone any better! I just wanted to share my vendor reviews for all your girls who are planning.

VENUE - AVALON BANQUETS, Elk Grove Village
They were great to work with. From the beginning they were accommodating and gave us a great deal! I'm sure it helped that we were a Friday wedding, in March! (GREAT DISCOUNTS!!!!) We also had our ceremony there. We had to pay a fee for it to be in a separate room, but it was well worth it! (It was only $700 more) There were a few small snafus with setting up the aisle runner and no one told us when the ceremony was actually starting, but it all ended up ok! I wasn't that upset about it. Our guests RAVED about the food and everyone said the servers were very nice and really worked to make sure guests had what they needed. We were on a budget and they worked with us, throwing in chair covers and sashes for cheap, and all of our centerpieces (candles and floating candles), so I saved money there. They also threw in our appetizers for cocktail hour for pretty cheap. I could not be happier! I was hesitant to book there because I hadn't heard much about it, but it definitely worked out!

BAKERY - REUTER'S in Chicago
We had to go with them because Avalon contracts with them. Our cake was exactly what I wanted and it tasted amazing!!! Very very happy! The flowers look blue, but they were actually dark purple and it had that quilted look!

FLOWERS - ADDISON FLORAL, Addison
My sister knew someone who worked there and she gave us a great deal on our flowers! She was the only florist I spoke to that actually pulled flowers and showed me what they would look like together. We only got flowers for the WP, parents, and grandparents and it was just under $400. They delivered on time and everything was there!
My bouquet:

The bridesmaids' bouquets

Photobucket Visit The Nest! Anniversary

Re: Vendor Reviews Part 1 - 3/18/11

• Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats! glad to hear your wedding was wonderful! thanks for the reviews :)
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats! I love your bouquet--I'm having roses and tulips for mine as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

sounds wonderful!! :):) congrats!!  I did a knottie of the week post and was wondering where you were! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_vendor-reviews-part-1-31811?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:efeb782c-05d7-468c-926d-749bd4dc17fcPost:1db359df-422f-47c1-a854-bb7799078af6">Re: Vendor Reviews Part 1 - 3/18/11</a>:
    [QUOTE]sounds wonderful!! :) :) congrats!!  I did a knottie of the week post and was wondering where you were! :)
    Posted by Love is Bald[/QUOTE]

I just saw it last night! I commented on it. I'm sorry! :)
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  Your wedding looks and sounds like it was beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

So glad you had a beautiful wedding day!
    My first wedding was at Avalon-it was wonderful, the service and food were great and the banquet coordinator was great too.
    And, OMG, Reuters Bakery has hands down the best wedding cakes in the Chicagoland area.  

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards