Michigan-Lansing

Reception Halls

I'm looking for a hall in the Lansing area that seats 200+, looks nice, is affordable and allows you to bring in your own food and drinks... If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

Re: Reception Halls

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There is a banquet hall at the fairgrounds in Mason.  I haven't been there in awhile, but as I recall it was fairly nice and you could bring in your own food and drinks.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    The Cobblestone in Mason lets you bring in all of the vendors of your choice.  So does the Grand Ledge Country Club.
  • MC+SLMC+SL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister was married at the fairgrounds in Mason. They were really easy to work with and you could bring in whatever you wanted. Only downside was the place was a little bland on the inside.

I'm getting married this weekend and booked Perspective 2 in Old town, they say they can fit 175, but really its only like 150. You can bring in your own food and bar, Its a really neat venue, but I will warn you that they are pretty expensive once you add on all the "there is a charge for this, and for that" and not easy to work with. We had one wedding coordinator when we first booked the venue that told us one thing and now have another that is telling us a different thing. They also tried to get our DJ to use their sound system and charge me back for it, they have also tried to charge us a lot of last minute "add ons" that we were never told about. If I had to do it over again I would not have booked them. They  have made it really stressful.

I've heard great reviews about the Grand Ledge Opera House and I think you can have your own caterer and bar there as well.
  • Bleh1122Bleh1122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input! We have decided to go with the reception hall at the eagle fairgrounds out by Grand Ledge. The facility is really nice, the people who run it are very relaxed and we can bring in our own food and drinks. Perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to several wedding receptions at the Eagle Fairgrounds and they were amazing!  Good choice!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards