Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Help! I need a reasonably prices photographer!

So I'm in a bind. My family is paying for most of the wedding, but they absolutely refuse to pay for the photographer! They want my AUNT to take the pictures! SHE TAKES TERRIBLE PICTURES! I'm about to cry just thinking about it again. So we have to pay for the photographer ourself. 

This is what I need:
-Our wedding is going to be in Council Bluffs, so a photographer in the Omaha/CB area. 
-A GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER!
-Engagement pictures
-8 hours of wedding day coverage, at least (i would prefer all day coverage)
-Photos on a CD
-Around $1000

Please help me! Thank you!

Re: Help! I need a reasonably prices photographer!

• Options
    RebeccaB1981RebeccaB1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dave Uhlig - www.photoomaha.com - he meets all of your requirements. He just did my wedding a month ago, and did a great job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.jenniferwatersphotography.blogspot.com

awesome lady from Ankeny, who could travel to CB!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, if you're looking for a good-priced videographer, check out www.visualitiesvideography.com .  That's who we'll be using in our October 2011 wedding :-)  She's out of Blair, NE, just outside Omaha.
  • Options
    mlmouwmlmouw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tanya Ratliff Photography.  www.tonyaratliffphotography.com. I just booked her to do my wedding next October.  She works independently and will give you all the time you need on your wedding day, and engagement pics are included.  I loooked through quite a few of her albums and they looked great. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karin Pruess of Shady Acres Photography in Craig, NE.
    or
    Micalah Magee--she took our engagement pictures and was our second photographer at the wedding.  Her prices are absolutely unbeatable and she does an amazing job.  You can contact her at micalahelizabeth@gmail.com
  • Options
    JrisaviJrisavi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Roger Humphries- www.picyourphotosbyroger.com- I'm paying $800 and he does the rehearsal and whole day of the wedding and i get all the photos. Our engagement session was $75

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Ivy Snow Photography. He's more expensive, but we signed for a good deal at a bridal show. PIB
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ashynichashynich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! We ended up choosing Ben Devries(http://bendevries.com) and we're excited! He's going to do our engagement pics as well
  • Options
    Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Christine McGuigan. She's doing 8 hours for me for $950.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does Ben Devries include the license and copy of the photos for you to have? I checked out his website but he didn't list that as something that is included. I am looking through photographers and trying to find a decent prices (under 1k) photographer that includes the photos for you to keep yourself so that we do not have to go through the photographer to print them off.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.delacruzstudios.smugmug.com/weddings

one of my best friends and she just did our wedding last friday, tell her i sent you and she would give you a great deal!!!!  

Jennifer Ramsey-Dietlin
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Natural birthing,home birthing,baby wearing,breastfeeding,nonvax,midwife/emt/firefighter mom of four, hoping for number five
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The cost wouldn't be my first consideration in choosing a photographer.. look at past weddings  photographers have done, and pick a photographer based on what you'd like to see the rest of your life.  

I've seen the work of a LOT of photographers, and there are big differences in style, quality, and talent.

1 year from now.. or even 1 month from now, no one will remember what food you served them, how many flowers decorated the altar, or how cool the wedding favors, but years from now you will still be looking at your wedding pictures and smiling (I still do after 30 years of marriage)

Don't skimp on the photographer, you only have one chance to capture this day.
    (and no... I'm not a photographer)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should go with Sunrays Photography. You can get 6 hours of wedding photography plus a free engagement session for less than $1,000! You get edited pictures on a CD plus rights. The photos are beautiful: http://sunraysphotography.com/ Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards