New York-Hudson Valley
Options

New Rochelle Wedding Venues

Hi All,

I wanted to see if anyone has recommendations/reviews on a few different Westchester area venues...
  • Greentree Country Club
  • Beckwith Pointe
  • Glen Island Harbour Club
  • The Fountainhead
Looking for any pricing information and food/overall reviews you may have... much appreciated! 

Re: New Rochelle Wedding Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011

Greentree:  I have never been to a wedding here

Beckwith Point: Two of my cousins held their reception here- it was really nice and the food was good. I would recommend- the people there were really great (one of my cousins is as neurotic aas they come and they were so good to her!).

Glen Island- I am having my reception there in September so I am obviously partial to it!  I think the cocktail hour is the best in Westchester and I liked that it wasn't on the "strip" of wedding venues.  We went for a food tasting about 2 months ago and it was amazing!  My brother also had his wedding here 4 years ago and people are still talking about it.

The Fountainhead- It is the same owners as Glen Island and their food is just as delicious!  My friend had her ceremony and reception there 2 years ago and it was really nice- I just do not like that there is no view around it- it is just on a main busy road.  Actually, during her ceremony, an ambulance was passing by with their sirens going right as they were saying their vows- it wasn't that big of a deal but it wouldn't have happened at any of the 3 places above.

Hope I helped!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kimberlygokimberlygo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Glen Island Harbour club in May.  So far, so good. I was initially turned off by the idea of getting married outside of NYC, but am feeling really great about this venue. It is beautiful, the people are easy to work with, you get so much for your money, etc.  I would definitely suggest checking it out.  We're paying $110/pp for a sunday afternoon wedding. 
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to Greentree or Beckwithe, but have attended weddings at both the Fountainhead and Glen Island.

Glen Island is probably the nicest wedding venue I've ever been to. The food was good and there was way too much of it. I loved it. It was a little too reception-hall-like for my liking, but it didn't fit the budget anyway. Like I said, we loved the wedding we attended there though.

I disagree with pp about the food at the Fountainhead. It is not nearly as good. People at the wedding we attended got food poisoning, all of their beer was room temperature, the cocktail hour food was very blah, and the bartender at the martini bar which only offered 4 drinks (which included a cosmo) did not know how to make the cosmo. It was really just ok there.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone!! i am checking them all out this weekend so I will post my thoughts afterward...my fiance really wants to be on the water (or near the water) so it's a plus that all of the venues are on the LI sound.  We live in NYC but I am from MA originally, so we're trying to find somewhere in the middle and New Rochelle is so easy to get to from the city. 

What about nearby accommodations?  I have heard the Crown Plaza and the Rassison...anyone been to either? Thoughts? Thanks! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I had my wedding at the Greentree in June. The Grand Ballroom is beautiful and spacious. They did an amazing job! The decor was stunning. Our bridal attendant Rosa, was great. When you go visit I'm sure Michael (owner, if that's who you meet with) will invite you to a tasting so you can taste the food. We loved it and thought the food was great. Our guests and family agree. Good luck finidng your perfect venue :)

P.S.- I havn't posted vendor reviews yet, but I will soon :)

HOTELS- We used the Crowne Plaza for our guests that came from out of town. They were great. Our contacts there were Migulina and Shalon. We toured the hotel with Miguelina. Shalon was very helpful and they are very prompt with answering emails.

One of my cousins didn't book her room at the deadline, and called the hotel and was told they were booked...I contacted Shalon and she extended the deadline for my guests, and send me a list via email of the names of who booked rooms. Just an example of the service :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glen Island - we looked at Glen Island for our September 2012 wedding and they were our top choice until we found our RH. Glen Island is known for their great food and amazing attention to detail. It's definitely one of the best RH's in Westchester. When we went to look there, we met with Rocco and his personality alone nearly sold us on the venue. The reason why we wound up not booking there is because we loved the smaller ballroom with the windows but our guestlist was too high to fit comfortably in that room so we looked elsewhere.

Fountainhead - (same owner's as Glen Island) - My aunt and uncle had their wedding there a few years ago and everything was top notch. The cocktail hour was amazing and the entree was good but I don't remember it being anything that I was drooling over (the food at Glen Island is known to be better). I just didn't like how the venue is literally on the main road and they don't exactly have "grounds" so there really aren't any places to take pictures. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards