Texas-Houston

Photographer - Studio Blue

I found this company online that contracts photographers from different areas depending on where you're having your wedding.  The company is called Studio Blue.  They are very budget friendly and from what I've seen, their photo style is what I'm looking for.  Just wondering if anyone in the Houston area has ever used them or will be using them.  They're a new company so I can't find much information on them.  Thanks.
TTC #1 since 11/2010
Me: 33 dx PCOS 11/2012
DH: 37 SA 6/2012 - normal
Cycle #1 on 50 mg Clomid 12/2012 - unsucessful
Cycle #2 on 75 mg Clomid + Trigger 01/2013 - unsucessful
Cycle #3 on 600 mg Vitex + acupuncture 02/2013

Anniversary

Re: Photographer - Studio Blue

• sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can't say that I've heard of them.  I would be concerned with the consistency of the photographers from location to location.
  • edited December 2011
    They sound a lot like Bella Pictures, who does something similar. I've never heard of Studio Blue, but I would just recommend that you request to meet your photographer beforehand so you can see firsthand the portfolio and ask questions. If it's one of those companies where you don't find out who your photographer is until the day of, I would say no.
  • edited December 2011
    pick your own photographer - dont let someone pick them for you.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_photographer-studio-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:d98962a5-975a-459d-b580-b9dd1197ac4fPost:86735d1c-2743-4b50-a429-9d1a320995aa">Re: Photographer - Studio Blue</a>:
    [QUOTE]pick your own photographer - dont let someone pick them for you.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed!
  • edited December 2011
    Apparently Studio Blue is the "little sister" of Bella Pictures, so same idea but cheaper.  I've briefly looked into them and from what I understand, you do get to review multiple portfolios and such and choose your actual photographer. 

I would really appreciate if you do look further into them, if you could let me know what you think?  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Well I was convinced not to go with them.  It's basically a coin-toss if you get one of the good photographers.  Any "photographer" can apply to work with them, and though they claim they only select 1 out of every 10 applicants, I just don't want to take the chance.  If you read further on their website, ur photographer contacts you 60 days before ur event so that you can discuss any other matters with them.  And this is all done by phone.  In the end, supposedly ur photographer submits ur wedding photos to the company after the event and the company then forwards them to you.  I guess it has alot of "middle man" issues... and I don't want to risk dealing with that.  So I'm still on the quest to find a really good photographer within my budget.
    TTC #1 since 11/2010
    Me: 33 dx PCOS 11/2012
    DH: 37 SA 6/2012 - normal
    Cycle #1 on 50 mg Clomid 12/2012 - unsucessful
    Cycle #2 on 75 mg Clomid + Trigger 01/2013 - unsucessful
    Cycle #3 on 600 mg Vitex + acupuncture 02/2013

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Just wanted to give everybody a heads up on this company so you can be careful.  I got married in July 2011 and still have no video as of yet.  The videographer was so last we weren't set up with a mich and so can't be heard at the ceremony.  There is no footage of VERY important moments of the entire wedding at all.  We were told that in order to get those moments we have to find them in our still shots to put in, which I could make a video with still shots myself at home!  As for the still shots nothing that we asked for to be shot was shot.  My baby sister passed right before the wedding and NOT one picture or video of her memorial or moments mentioned throughout wedding.  The videographer kept trying to leave hours early saying he was tired and etc....  My husband and I have been together for 12 years and we got ONE picture TOTAL of our kids and us and 1,000 of all other guests.  Since the ONE picture isn't good we have NONE that we can frame.  Most of the pictures have horrible lighting or cropping and I am trying to fix that on my own at home.  I was posing our wedding party and begging for generic groups because the photographer "ran" out of ideas and at the time I was just happy to be married but now that we got pics it is BAD!  This was the worst experience I have ever had in my life and Studio Blue has RUINED our wedding!!  I can not go back and get a video or get pictures!  Our kids don't even look like they were at the wedding and my sister just forgotten.  HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!  So please be very careful, I cry almost everyday from this since everyday we have to be in contact with the company trying to resolve and create something out of nothing!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards