Wedding Invitations & Paper

Tell me what you think??? Invitation Mock up

I got my samples from papernadmore today, so of course I had to see what my invitation design looks like.  My wedding colors are navy, white & silver.
I got metallic blue pocketfolds, and grey parchment paper for the invitation and inserts.  These were rough cut by hand.  I plan to have everything precut by paperandmore when I purchase all the packs of peper needed, less headache for me and only an extra $5 per pack of paper cut!  Cost for 150 pocketfolds, and 4 packs paper precut to size........ $198 with $3.99 shipping!
Each pack of paper will give me 200 inserts or more.  The pocketfolds come in pack of 50 for $41.99 for the metallic blue, other colors are cheaper, but not close enough to my color.

image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Tell me what you think??? Invitation Mock up

• They look very pretty, and I'm impressed with the cost! For that price, you don't expect something so nice :) Good job.

I noticed one typo on the photo sharing insert, if you were looking for proofreading also... I believe it said "share your" instead of "yours"?
  • edited December 2009
    Opps, thanks!  After you look at these things for hours they tend to run together.  :)
    I also noticed after I printed I used the wrong font on the Title Picture Sharing.  Oh well thats what test runs are for.

I was super impressed with the cost, cards and pockets was going to be around $180 just for the pockets and shipping.  And I was desperate not to have to cut my own inserts, no patiences for that at all!
    My goal was to have the invites under $200 and I wanted the pocket folds sooo bad, I just kept shopping and adding to see what I could do. 
  • Sounds like they're pre-cutting the inserts for you?  If so, have you tested that through your printer?  Keep in mind that you'll have to put 200 things through the printer instead of 50 or 100 or however many whole sheets.  And, Kinkos/Staples/etc. do cutting pretty cheap.  Just a thought. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Yeah, I've printed all sorts of sizes in my printer already.  Its a Canon Pixma Photo printer and does awesome 4x6 prints on photo paper.  I've rough cut and already practiced running the cardstock, which is 60#. 
    I also printed my SIL invitations for her wedding and baby showers over the past 7 years. They were 4x6 invitation cardstock from Staples. I can run about 100 at a time, it has a large sheet feeder as well as an auto cassette for regular paper.
    I did a lot of research when I bought my printer, at the time it was one of the best photo printers I could afford.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards