Wisconsin

Rehearsal Dinner Locations - Downtown Milwaukee

Hey ladies,

Looking for suggestions for rehearsal dinner locations in or near downtown Milwaukee for about 40 people.  A private room is preferrable and I'm looking for a f/b minimum of less than $1500.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations - Downtown Milwaukee

• edited December 2011
    Bucca Di Beppo. Family style Italian.

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My brothers was at County Clare.  They have a private room that fits about 34 for dinner.  It was very nice.  I believe there was no food minimum.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Libiamo is wonderful. We are holding ours there and they have a couple different private rooms.
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

Also, the Newsroom Pub.  It adjoins to the Safehouse!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mmskaricmmskaric member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, I was afraid someone would recommend it! Vita, don't hate me for saying this, but... I went to a rehearsal dinner at Libiamo's Friday and it was pretty bad. 

The space was nice (totally private-PLUS!) and there was a beverage table vs. a bartender. I liked that. It smelled kind of musty, but I think that might have been leftover from the storms the night before.

The food though was awful. The Caesar salad was drenched in dressing so it was more soup than salad. The bread was kinda old and hard. They ran out of the main buffet even though there were about 5-10 people less than originally booked (due to the rains, a number of out of town folks never made it). The raviolis were doughy and the broccoli had been cooked to death...no flavor. I'm kind of particular when it comes to chicken, but there seemed to be more cartilage-type bites than normal. Yuk. No one at our table seemed pleased with the food. My FI didn't like it either and he'll usually eat anything.

The dessert was good (tiramisu and cannolis). The service was very friendly, unobtrusive and quick. I know our host had a great experience planning the night even though she did so from out of town.

I guess it comes down to food. Perhaps they would let you come in for a tasting or maybe do dinner there on your own ahead of time to make some tweaks. Ex. Salad dressing on the side. It was a good dressing, just WAY too much.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I think someone already mentioned Bucca's, though it's on the pricey side.

Milwaukee Ale House (you can usually reserve the lower room, but I don't know if they can guarentee privacy)

Rudy's (Mexican)

On the East Side: Oakland Trattoria (where we had ours, good food, inexpensive, and a heck of a lot of fun)

Too Bad Ed DeBevick's is gone, how fun would that be?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jessgosz310jessgosz310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is at Mo's Irish Pub. We are not paying a rental fee, and we get a private room upstairs. There is no food or beverage minimum either.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our rehearsal dinner at Charro.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards