New York-Long Island

Tuxedos: Men's Wearhouse or private shop

Hey,

Has anyone chosen to get their tuxedos from Men's Wearhouse? My fiance and I are deciding between Men's Wearhouse and a private company (Rico's Clothing in Center Moriches). Any feedback (prices, colors, service) is appreciated!

Re: Tuxedos: Men's Wearhouse or private shop

• edited December 2011
    My FSIL had the men in her bridal party get their tuxes from Men's Warehouse back a few years ago when she got married and I don't remember hearing any complaints.  Our groomsmen are getting theirs from Paradise Bridal in Patchogue.  I believe they do the Groom's rental free with 6 or 7 tuxedo rentals.  I'm getting my dress there and my bridesmaids are too.  They are very helpfull.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Men's Wearhouse was awesome for us. Great quality rentals, easy to return them, and they were very helpful.

As for Paradise as PP suggested, they nearly ruined my wedding, and I would never sugest them to anyone.
  • edited December 2011
    My husband got all his guys/ring bearer at Men's wearhouse. No complaints. Was great
    for  us b/c we live in fla got married in LI so we were able to get everything  there and return it too instead of traveling w/suits!
  • edited December 2011
    My husband was a groomsman in a wedding where they get their tuxes from Men's Warehouse.  I don't recommend it.  They ordered my husband the wrong sizes and had to scramble to get him stuff that fit at the last minute.  Every single other groomsman and the groom had issues as well.  Pants too big, shirts too small, broken shoelaces, missing buttons...it was ridiculous.  The tuxes weren't even from 1 shop, at least 4 different shops were used.

I recomment a private shop.  We've used Rogers Tuxedo's twice with no problems.  We also had good luck with the little shop behind the Bridal Suite of Centereach.
  • ceyringceyring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about tuxes, but my fiance has gotten suits at Rico's his whole life and always had positive experiences.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards