4 whole eggs
    1 cup egg whites
    1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar
    1/4 cup good grated cheese like pecorino romano
    1 tbsp olive oil
    salt and fresh pepper
    cooking spray
    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350°. Steam broccoli with a little water for about 6-7 minutes.
    When broccoli is cooked, mash into smaller pieces and add olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well. Spray cupcake tin with cooking spray and spoon broccoli mixture evenly into the greased tins over broccoli until a little more than 3/4 full. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over the broccoli and top with grated cheddar and bake in the oven until cooked, about 20 minutes.

The original recipe is from SkinnyTaste.com

I've changed it and used mushrooms and fat free swiss cheese (I sauteed the mushrooms in olive oil first), Ham and low fat cheddar, and even Bacon.  These are soo yummy, and really easy. Enjoy Ladies!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Triple Chip Cookies
    Ingredients
    2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup butter
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 cup brown sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
    1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
    1 1/2 cups white chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix flour, soda and salt with a wire whisk and set aside. Using a mixer, mix butter and both sugars for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. Add flour in two additions, scraping down the sides in between. Mix until thoroughly combined. Mix chips together in large bowl and stir into the cookie batter. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
    Then use a 1.5 inch scoop to place cookie batter 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
    Bake for about 8-10 minutes for softer cookies, or 10-12 if you like crunchy cookies. 

I made these today, and they really are incredible!! Sooo yummy!! Oh! and warning:it makes a bunch!! A whole bunch of irresistible cookies!! Usually when I bake, I only eat like half a cookie, or muffin or whatever, but I've had 3 of these today..
    Photobucket
  • Options
    LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Breakfast Egg Muffins!!!! I use southwest egg beaters! Cut up whatever veggies you like in an omelet. Put them in a muffin pan and then cover with egg beaters. Cook for 25 minutes at 350 degrees and you have little egg omelets to go!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My Mom' beef stew 
    2lbs beef stew
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    2 jars of brown gravy
    1 can stewed tomatoes
    1/2 pkg of dry onion mix (I usually use almost all of it)
    1 tablespoon horseradish
    potatoes, carrots, celery (as much as you want)

Brown beef, drain, put in all ingredients, simmer for a bit (this is exactly as she worded it to me, use your best judgment)
    Put in oven for 1/2 hr at 350

Put back on top of stove and make bisquick biscuits(dumplings) on top of stew according to directions. But be aware, each time I have made the dumplings on top it takes way longer than what the package indicates. 
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BEEF STEW 3 pounds cubed beef stew meat 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons olive oil 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces 4 large potatoes, cubed 2 (6 oz) packages fresh button mushrooms 1 tablespoon dried parsley 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper 2 cups boiling water 2 (1 ounce) envelopes onion soup mix 3 tablespoons butter 2 large onions, quartered 2 tablespoons minced garlic 3 tablespoons cornstarch Directions Toss the beef, flour, and salt in a sealable bag until the beef is coated. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine the beef and Worcestershire sauce in the skillet; cook until the beef is evenly browned on all sides; transfer to a slow cooker, but do not clean the skillet. Add the carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, parsley, and pepper to the slow cooker. Combine the boiling water and soup mix in a small bowl; add to slow cooker. Melt the butter in the skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the melted butter until soft; transfer the onion and garlic to the slow cooker and return the skillet to the heat. Place the cover on the slow cooker and set to High; cook for one hour. Reduce heat to Low and cook until the beef is fork-tender, 6 to 8 hours. Whisk together 1/4 C of the juices in crockpot and the cornstarch; stir into the stew; cook uncovered until stew thickens, about 15 minutes.
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOW FAT ALFREDO (serves 4) Ingredients 1/2 C margerine 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese (cut in chunks) 2 cups skim milk 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper 2 tsp. Garlic powder In a small pot, melt margerine. Add in chunks of cream cheese, and stir to allow to melt with margerine. When cream cheese is almost melted, pour in milk. Continue stirring. Add parmesan cheese, and continue to stir. When it has reached desired consistency, add garlic powder and pepper. Serve immediately with pasta, veggies, meat, etc (or eat by the spoonful like my FI)!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PUMPKIN CHOC CHIP COOKIES

People freak out about these every time I make them. Except FI since he's sick of them, LOL.

1 box spice cake mix
    1 can pumpkin
    1/4-1/2 bag choc chips (semi-sweet)

Add spice cake mix to pumpkin. Honestly at first it looks like it'll never mix together, but keep stirring, eventually it will. Then eyeball how many choc chips you want to add. If you want it crazy chocolatey, just make sure that there aren't too many chips touching the cookie sheet when you put them on to bake.

Bake at 350*-375* for 5-8 min. It really varies a lot by oven, so keep an eye on the cookies every few minutes. Seriously. It's kind of annoying to have to stay in the kitchen and keep checking, but this way you can tweak it to know the exact right temp/time for your oven. I usually start at 350* and if after 8 min they're still not done, I crank it up to 375*. Also, bigger cookies take longer but ones about the size of the palm of your hand are the best since these are kind of cakey-cookies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gratin Dauphinois (Potato Gratin)
    ***This is in no way good for you, it is probably eleventy million calories, but tastes soooo good. It also sounds way fancier than it is to make***

Ingredients:
    About 2-2.5 lbs. baking potatoes
    1 (scant) cup of milk
    2 large garlic cloves, crushed
    1/2 tsp. freshly fround pepper
    3/4 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
    1/4 tsp. mustard powder
    1.5 cups heavy cream
    4 Tbs. plus 2 Tbs. unsalted butter-softened

Preheat your oven to 325. Butter a 10in X 12in or a 9in X 13in glass or ceramic baking dish (the shallower, the better) with the 2 Tbs. of softened butter. Peel the potatoes, then rinse them. Slice the potatoes into very thin rounds, you can use a mandoline to make the slices more even, but you can just use a knife, too. Do not rinse the rounds. Arrange the rounds in the baking dish, overlapping slightly (like fish scales), until they are all in the dish. Heat milk, garlic, and spices in a saucepan on the srove until they boil, stir and remove from heat. Add heavy cream to the milk mixture, stir, and bring it back to a boil. Remove from heat and discard the crushed garlic. Pout the milk/cream mixture over the potatoes and dot the top with the remaining 4 Tbs of butter. Bake for about an hour and a half. Most of the top should be golden brown. Remove from oven and let it set for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
    Enjoy. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Broccoli & Cheese Cornbread:

Ingredients
    2 packages of Martha White Cornbread mix (you can use an off brand, but I'm pretty loyal to Miss Martha)
    1 package of frozen chopped broccoli
    1 24oz container of cottage cheese (I use small curd, but it's up to you)
    2 eggs
    1 stick of melted butter
    1 bag of shredded Cheddar Cheese (I use finely shredded, but again.. it's up to youuu!!)

Directions:
    Preheat oven 350
    Mix the cottage cheese and 2 eggs together.  Add broccoli and mix together, then sdd corn bread mix, melted butter and half of the shredded cheese
    Pour into a greased pan and smooth out to make even, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top
    Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is nice and golden brown

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards