November 2012 Weddings

Weight loss

So I think that for those of us who are trying to lose weight, we should create a support team here. I think that since we are all November brides, we all have about the same goal date, at least for our weddings, to lose some weight. I need to lose about 20 pounds and am the worst dieter ever. I try to stay away from diets but when I "eat in moderation" I usually end up failing. I also try to work out, I usually start off motivated and do really good for a week or two but then my schedule gets in my way and I lose the enthusiasm I started out with. Perhaps we can share tips and support to keep each other going. I didn't want to go to the weight loss board because since this is a smaller board and we are all starting out, it would be good to have our own support team! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Weight loss

• I think once a week would be good, I too can get super busy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think this is a great idea! My plan was to get in shape and lose 40 pounds by the time I even go dress shopping (so by the end of the summer) I stared on Feb 1 and have been doing really good so far. I usually fail miserably at dieting, but I think the motiviation to look good in a wedding dress realllllly helps! How are you guys planning on doing it?

For anyone who (like me) hatesss veggies and struggles to get enough everyday, I highly recommend drinking a green smoothie. I have one every afternoon to get me through my 3 o'clock slump when I usually tend to snack a lot. They help curb my appetite until dinner, they're really good for you, and they actually taste good! (I promise! I was skeptical too!)

The smoothie I make is:
    2-3 cups raw spinach
    1 1/4 cup fat free or 1% milk
    1 whole banana
    1 tbsp flax seed
    1 tbsp spirulina
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    1-1 1/2  cups of any fresh frozen fruit

Here's a website that I got the ideas from, and there's a ton more recipies there also!
    crunchybetty.com/clear-skin-from-the-inside-out-green-smoothies
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Yea, that is when I get my cravings, I get home before the FI at 3, so I have to wait til 6-7 when he gets home to eat. I hate waiting, but I also hate eating alone and then he eats. Just weird for me. So, I tend to snack.
    Do you taste the spinach, I hate it as it is...but it seems like the fruits will cover it up?
    I am doing WW and trying to get the pup out for a walk. I started this past Monday.

• I don't taste the spinach at all! The one thing I do notice is the flax seed, it's a little grainy, but that doesn't bother me at all. I gave the smoothie to my litter sister (who is extremely picky and hates vegetables) she loved it!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • hi ladies!  as far as the flax seeds...they are really great for loosing wieght, but one suggestion.  ur body can not absorb the nutrition in seed form.  t should be freshly groung and should be kept in the freezer for optimium absorbancy.  I know a lot about nutrition, yet cant follow a diet for the life of me.  I need to loose 35 lbs by this nov.  That is when i start looking for my dress.  good luck girls and if there is anything i could do to help let me know.  I need help with motivation unfortunately
  • I actually love veggies and fruit. My problem is eating healthy at night. I still live at home and am going to school full time. My mom is going to school full time and working full time as well so she doesn't really cook. By the time I get home, it is way too late for me to cook so I am forced to eat some sort of junk or my family is famous for going out to eat at junk food joints. That is what I struggle with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EWWWW...that is very hard. I know when I get home from working a 12 hour day, I want nothing to do with cooking...I want to order out pizza or go get soemthing somewhere. So, I am noooo help with this. I do the same thing sometimes. Maybe your mom would like to be healthy too...talk to her and maybe alternate nights of cooking?

• I started running on tuesday! I have to get healthy. I have a boudoir shoot soon for FI's wedding present!
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • hi! i joined weight watchers and I have lost 26 pounds in 15 weeks. I really want to lose more but I am not putting a number on it because if I don't reach it I will be really upset haha. I would love to lose 30 more pounds but if I don't reach that goal I won't be too upset because how much I have already lost.
    I really want to go walking but I live in upstate new york and the weather is not the best!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_weight-loss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:4be3a2fc-a2b1-41c4-8723-6173dcb1c52aPost:cf5b4c71-f324-4143-ade4-0435bf5db334">Re: Weight loss</a>:
    [QUOTE]hi! i joined weight watchers and I have lost 26 pounds in 15 weeks. I really want to lose more but I am not putting a number on it because if I don't reach it I will be really upset haha. I would love to lose 30 more pounds but if I don't reach that goal I won't be too upset because how much I have already lost. I really want to go walking but I live in upstate new york and the weather is not the best!
    Posted by ktsann[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>walk anyways. My aunt does that and lost soooo much weight</div>
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • yeah im deff going to walk. i wish i didnt have to say this but i am so busy! i am doing my student teaching and i barely have time to do anything ha
  • Hi Ladies! I have already lost 20 and would love to drop another 30..thank goodness I have some time on my hands! I cut my calories down to 1500 and am getting ready to drop them again..most lilkely to 1200. I also found that cutting back on the carbs, not getting rid of them altogether, and not eating out really help. I also LOVE the eliptical machine at my gym! Even if you are just toning up and dropping inches not "weight" you will look amazing in your dress...And remember He loves you for you, not what you look like in a dress!

Good luck ladies, I am excited to do this with you!

• I just joined WW and excited but also nervous.  I already bought my dress but things can always get taken in, good luck to everyone. Losing weight is so hard for us ladies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • *UGH* The dress.  I seriously am not looking forward to dealing with that hot mess at all.  Unfortunately for me, my size has limited my options for dresses to ordering something custom made.  My plan is to take my current measurements and ordering one and see what I can do in terms of losing the weight.  I know what I need to do.  I just need to do it.  Does anyone else here dread the thought of being the center of attention on their wedding day?..... Is it too late to elope? :)
  • I totally know what you mean ellmar, I had more fun watching my bridal party try on dresses than having to actually try them on.  I just hate it when everyone watches me and sometimes I just dread having everyone's eyes on me.  I went to David's Bridal and they had a nice selection of "plus size", i tried on a ton of dresses that fit perfectly and I'm almost more comfortable buying a bigger size because I know that its easier to take a dress in than take one out.  I just want to feel healthier and have nice pictures.  Good luck everyone! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had bought the P90X and was doing it for a while. Let me tell you, that definitely WORKS. You just need to be disciplined and you must give up one hour a day to do it. I loved it. I used to go to a personal trainer and once I started the P90X, I felt like I did when I was seeing the trainer. Unfortunately, I couldn't find time to fit it in with school. Now that school is coming to an end and I have the summer off, I am definitely going to start it over again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Woohoo! Weight loss friends, I am glad I am in the same boat with everyone else. I refuse to start looking for a dress without loosing 48 pounds! (the weight I gained in nursing school) and so I am hoping by the end of the year at the last this is feesable and then I would like to loose another 30-40 pounds before the wedding!

I started this week with my weight loss goals and I am hoping that I can continue this is day 3! Good luck to everyone!
  • Good luck girls! Now that school's over, I started the p90x yesterday, all I have to say is OUCH! hehe
    Tonight I am going to a Zumba class with my mom, I LOVE Zumba. I figured I can replace the P90x cardio workout disk with Zumba because it's a lot more fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards