Honeymoon Discussions

Can't Decide - love Montego Bay but....

So we are planning our honeymoon in October and were really interested in Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay....the major issue that I keep reading about is the noisy air traffic!  The airport is just minutes from the resort.  I read somewhere to try Iberostar instead....can anyone confirm any of this and offer any suggestions?  We really like the idea of Jamaica because of the short light from Philly....we have also heard that Sandals Negril is a 2 hour drive from the airport which just seems crazy as well!  Appreciate anyone's input - thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Can't Decide - love Montego Bay but....

• We stayed at Sandals Montego Bay a few years ago, which I think is even closer to the airport that SRC is.  Yes, the planes are loud, but after the first few times I didn't even notice them any more.  It's not like it's a super busy airport where there are tons of flights coming in & out.  I guess I can see how it would bother some people, but we didn't care. 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• We stayed at Sandals Negril and had a great time. Honestly, the drive is not that bad its only about and hour and half and it's a great way to site see. We just booked a really early flight to accommodate for the time spent driving to the resort ( check in isn't until 3pm any way). I just did the same for our up coming trip back to St. Lucia.
  • We went to Sandals Negril too.  The bus trip really isn't bad.  I wasn't looking forward to it, but when you get to the airport there's a nice bar that you can have red stripe.  Then the bus stops once at another bar where you can stop in to use the bathroom and also get another drink.  
  • I heard that too.. but I have a dozen friends that have been to royal carribean and said its no where near as bad as montego bay (which is right by the airport).. you won't notice it after a few hours... We're going to royal carribean and couldn't be mroe excited!!
    Wedding Planning Bio & For Sale: valeriewalter.weebly.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We stayed at SRC and absolutely LOVED it.  We barely noticed the planes....we live close to an airport here in Iowa, so I'm not sure if that was why.  But it was nothing that wasn't tolerable at all.

We had such a great trip and are already trying to book our trip back!  Staff was fabulous--we loved all the restaurants and drinks (Dirty Banana & Rum punch) :)

If you have any other specifics, please PM me.  Sandals MoBay is--from what I've heard--more noisy with planes.  But, really, this was not an issue for us!
  • Appreciate all the input...we actually decided to goto PC instead...Excellence...can't wait! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards