North Carolina-Outer Banks

Looking for Caterer and Photographer on a Budget!

Hey all,
    My fiance and I just booked the Roanoke Island aquarium for next september and we are so excited! We are both graduate students so we are on a budget. We would like to have a buffet dinner for everyone at about 25 dollars a person. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, I want a GREAT photographer but I would like to stay under 2500-3000.  Help please!

Re: Looking for Caterer and Photographer on a Budget!

• edited December 2011
    I'm using "Like a Dream Photography" and they have been wonderful to work with so far.  It's a husband and wife team based out of Virginia, but they don't charge a travelling fee (just a hotel room the night before and night of the wedding).  Check out their website at likeadreamphotography.com 
  • edited December 2011
    I used Like a Dream for my wedding in May and HIGHLY reccomend them.  It's been almost 4 months and we are still talking about how great they are/were.  If you want to see our pro pics, let me know...  bigwuhead at aol.com
  • fitfrugalfitfrugal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just hired Argyle's Restaurant to cater my Oct. 17th wedding.  To keep the price down, we're having no service, just a drop off with set up.  My wedding is small so this isn't a problem for us.  We're getting an 'Italian package' that includes 2 entrees (Chicken Marsala w/Risotto and Shrimp Artichoke Tortellini), salad, rolls, and a cheese/cracker/veggie platter for $28.95/person.  My fiance and I tried the food and it was delicious - I was impressed with their quality ingredients and it was obvious to us that they would take pride in the food and set up.

We also got a quote from Kelly's Restaurant that was only $20/head for a buffet with 2 entrees, two sides, salad, cheese/crackers/veggies but it seemed more like assembly line catering and for that price they were only going to drop off, no set up.

Also got a really reasonable quote from Culinary Magick - didn't opt to go with them but they seemed very good!
    Best wishes!
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at a hotel and they provided their own food so I'm not any help w/ that, but as far as a photographer on a budget - we used Sue and Matt Artz from OBX Violin.  They're a husband and wife combo team, Matt does the photos and Sue does violin and DJ.  For all their services and 6 hrs of photography it was only $2400!!!  What, I know, awesome pricing for all their services!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • acausey6879acausey6879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Christa Harder Photography... Her packages are pretty reasonable and her work is great!

www.christaharder.com
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the post on Christa Harder! She has amazing pictures and great prices! I think I made my decision :-)
  • Brooke723Brooke723 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in September and we used AMMC photography. They were wonderful! I think they might be leaving the OBX next year, but check them out and see. We also used Chilli Peppers for our caterers. They were fabulous! We had so much food for only $35 a person and that included the servers and cooks as well. Everyone is still raving about the food. If you call ask for Jim Douglas, he is the owner and will def help you out. I can't say enough about them!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great advice! Brooke723, you were on point with the chili peppers suggestion. Jim was awesome and gave us a great tasting session with hardly any notice at all! The food was amazing! Also, likeadream photography and christina harder photography both look great and fairly reasonable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards