Christian Weddings

Haven't been on here lately but need a prayer (sorry long)

There are so many bigger things in life then this wedding, I know this and I keep telling myself this.  I have friends with Cancer, friends who have lost loved ones, people with way worse troubles then I've ever had. 
Here's the problem my wedding is in ten days! I can't relax and I can't find any peace. I'm just a worry wort! My FI is going to his Bach party three hours away this weekend, and I'm worried something will happen to him and the wedding won't happen (yes I know dumb thing to worry about). 
I also live in a city that floods a lot! Well of course I choose an April wedding and we are expecting flooding, at this point no one knows when the river will rise and how much.  The problem is my church is an area that could cause it to be closed due to the flood and I had to have a plan B church.  I'm so worried about the plan B church cause it's just not as nice. (Again dumb to worry about because at least I have a plan B and at least I'm still getting married).
So if you could just say a quick prayer for me that I will calm myself and relax. Also can you pray for FI's travel this weekend and for the river not to rise until after the wedding. 
Thankyou!
Anniversary

Re: Haven't been on here lately but need a prayer (sorry long)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_havent-here-lately-but-need-prayer-sorry-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2f4efc81-880a-4cf1-9ab1-c2ddfc3f3cf1Post:60fcba8f-0e5e-4a91-a775-2033877ce3af">Haven't been on here lately but need a prayer (sorry long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are so many bigger things in life then this wedding, I know this and I keep telling myself this.  I have friends with Cancer, friends who have lost loved ones, people with way worse troubles then I've ever had.  Here's the problem my wedding is in ten days! I can't relax and I can't find any peace. I'm just a worry wort! My FI is going to his Bach party three hours away this weekend, and I'm worried something will happen to him and the wedding won't happen (yes I know dumb thing to worry about).  I also live in a city that floods a lot! Well of course I choose an April wedding and we are expecting flooding, at this point no one knows when the river will rise and how much.  The problem is my church is an area that could cause it to be closed due to the flood and I had to have a plan B church.  I'm so worried about the plan B church cause it's just not as nice. (Again dumb to worry about because at least I have a plan B and at least I'm still getting married). So if you could just say a quick prayer for me that I will calm myself and relax. Also can you pray for FI's travel this weekend and for the river not to rise until after the wedding.  Thankyou!
    Posted by smwagner70[/QUOTE]

I think that you should do your best to let go of the things we have no control over. Trust that God is in control of your life - always - no matter WHAT happens, he has you in His hand and He has a plan. I pray you find peace like this before your wedding. Enjoy your day, it only comes once!
  • edited December 2011
    I just tell myself that if something bad happens, it's God's fault, not mine! LOL. :)-  But seriously, put your burdens at the foot of the cross every single day. Trust God to work things out for His glory. Remind yourself of His promises by reading over some uplifting verses (like Jeremiah 29:11 - my favorite!). God is in control, not you, so let Him take care of the details!

Many blessings to you and your future hubby!
    Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm praying for peace for you. You seem to be on the right track...explore the Word and find a verse or two that you can claim whenever you start to feel stress taking you over.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there!  When all the little details pile up at the last minute along with extra stresses like weather, it can seem overwhelming, but remember that Jesus tells us to put our burdons on him, and through him all things are possible!!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_havent-here-lately-but-need-prayer-sorry-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2f4efc81-880a-4cf1-9ab1-c2ddfc3f3cf1Post:92718036-f72d-4f23-aef8-08909d04a61e">Re: Haven't been on here lately but need a prayer (sorry long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hang in there!  When all the little details pile up at the last minute along with extra stresses like weather, it can seem overwhelming, but remember that Jesus tells us to put our burdons on him, and through him all things are possible!!
    Posted by twixinthemix[/QUOTE]

I loved reading this today.  Thanks for posting that.  I'll pray for you, OP! :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    Prayers are coming your way!!  I can't say it better than PP's!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I wish you the best! Like everyone else said, everything will work out according to God's plan. I will say a prayer! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards