Michigan-Detroit
Options

Sorry seem to be having trouble with my computer
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually read your post before you DD'd it and here's my two cents...

You are having a holiday wedding. The time before Thanksgiving and New Years is the busiest and most expensive for quite a few people. It is important that your guests come and celebrate, but the higher decline rate is to be expected due to the holidays. That's always the gamble brides make when they plan a wedding near holidays, not just Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Sure those that are the most important will absolutely be there, but you do have to understand that family parties are planned well in advance (not as advance as weddings) and families have their holiday traditions. I'm not saying that you should have planned your wedding date around all of your guests, just that if you wanted a lower decline rate, the wedding date should have been taken into consideration. Again, the ones that will be at your wedding are those that matter the most so I wouldn't dwell on it. Just enjoy your day.
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was trying to edit it and it went all weird on me so I just deleted it.  We thought about the holiday when we chose the date.  But we knew that ppl who really wanted to be there would.  I know we could never pick a date that would work for everyone.  There were a few other choices but they conflicted with ppl we really wanted there.  I'm just really surprised at the ppl who declined. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards