Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Maggiano's Brides (and grooms)

Question on tipping, we just paid our final payment today and they indicated that tips were included in the invoice but I wasn't sure if it's customary to tip there as well or if the invoice tip was just for the catering department?

Did you guys do it for bartenders and wait staff? If so, how much?
2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!

Re: Maggiano's Brides (and grooms)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am sure that the gratuity is included in the cos, However, I am planning on tipping the staff about $20.00 each .
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a maggiano's bride, but if it said gratuity and was included with a certain percentage, then I wouldn't tip over that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I have seen where other brides have said they tip the bartender if they feel the service was exceptional. The 20% service fee on top of the room minimum is probably what covers the gratuities for the staff, right?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I believe that the gratuity included in the contract covers everyone working your event so it's shared among all the staff (service, kitchen, bus, bar, etc).  If you have a bar in your room, the bartender will have a tip jar out at the bar that guests can contribute to.  Since I didn't cover the final bill I can't tell you what was tipped but I believe my father did add an additional tip at the end of our event.
  • Options
    ClaireS80ClaireS80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did tip our bartender $20 as he was amazing, but we didn't tip the rest of the staff as it was already included.
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys, I think we'll save a bit for extra tips for everyone but not as much as I was initially planning.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards