Getting in Shape

In office workout tips - challenge 20 lbs in less then 2 months

Ok I have 60 days to loose at least 20 more lbs. I'm at 185 right now. I am currently doing the HCG diet and it is working but I was wondering if anyone had any at home or in the office work out tips. I sit on my butt all day and then get home and it's dark which I know isn't really an excuse for not doing anything at night but that's how the story goes.
I need some support since my Fiance doesn't need to drop any weight he's not on board...in fact for someone who doesn't like sweets he's been buying a lot of it since I started my diet haha.
so anyway have any sugestion?

Re: In office workout tips - challenge 20 lbs in less then 2 months

• 1.  Is losing that much weight in a short amount of time a realistic goal for your body?

2. Also, I would go with a natural weight loss method and not this diet.  Weight loss is hard work (exercise and eating right).  Pills, injections, etc. are only temporary and the whole saying if it's too good to be true, it usually is.  Learning how to eat correctly is going to do more for you than anything else.  Try using a program like myfitnesspal.com to actually track what you are taking in and expending through exercise to make sure your body is getting what it needs.  Add some cardio and weight lifting into your routine as well.

3.  For the office:  Walk to someone instead of sending an email.... take the stairs instead of the elevator, don't park within 3 spots of the building/park a little farther so you have to walk.  

4.  For home : 30 Day Shred, etc.

5.  Being dark isn't an excuse.  If you WANT to see results and get in shape and be healthy you WILL find the time to do it.  

6.  Good luck ;)
  • I too work in a desk job that by the time i get home the want of exercise and the sun are gone and its cold out. Well last night I went to my yoga class and we did a bunch of poses using a chair (just google "yoga with a chair" and there are tons of results). I'm hoping doing a little something in my chair at work to help energy levels so I have energy to exercise in the dark.

Also I've started coming into work earlier so i can leave earlier, if you're capible of a flexible work schedule try moving your day around 30-60mins in one direction or take a lunch break to go someplace even just to walk. This has help me from getting SAD with lack of sun.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_in-office-workout-tips-challenge-20-lbs-in-less-then-2-months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:782976cc-a3b3-49e2-825c-a67a3828c3efPost:48c1bf8d-b8b5-42e9-b3c7-f58f19930243">Re: In office workout tips - challenge 20 lbs in less then 2 months</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Is losing that much weight in a short amount of time a realistic goal for your body? 2. Also, I would go with a natural weight loss method and not this diet.  Weight loss is hard work (exercise and eating right).  Pills, injections, etc. are only temporary and the whole saying if it's too good to be true, it usually is.  Learning how to eat correctly is going to do more for you than anything else.  Try using a program like myfitnesspal.com to actually track what you are taking in and expending through exercise to make sure your body is getting what it needs.  Add some cardio and weight lifting into your routine as well. 3.  For the office:  Walk to someone instead of sending an email.... take the stairs instead of the elevator, don't park within 3 spots of the building/park a little farther so you have to walk.   4.  For home : 30 Day Shred, etc. 5.  Being dark isn't an excuse.  If you WANT to see results and get in shape and be healthy you WILL find the time to do it.   6.  Good luck ;)
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I agree with all of this. I work at a computer 40 hours a week and the only way I could change anything was to just jump in and start doing it. Don't let yourself make excuses!

</div>
  • edited February 2012
    As far as the office workouts- my mom had a desk job for 25 years and she brought in a dumbbell and laid it on the top of her feet and lifted her legs, kind of like a curl but with your lower body. She sat at her computer and did this for a long time. You could also park at the back of your parking lot, take stairs (if you have any) and take the long way to the bathroom/exit. Any little extra movement will help.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm

This is a super dangerous "diet" and I strongly advise against it. We all want to lose a bunch of weight all at once and not lift a finger, but please be careful with this. A friend of my family tried the HCG a couple years ago and she loved it at first, but was so tired all the time and after a while she could barely pull her shoes off. She did it for a school reunion and in pictures she looked sick... her face was pale and greenish and she had dark circles under her eyes.

If this is the way you want to go then no one can stop you, but I hope you researched it before starting it (when I say research I mean look at the cons too, not just success stories)

Good luck!
  • At my work, we are offered a program called Corporate Athlete. It is a program that teaches you about losing weight and being healthy in an office environment. It's really great because it tells you the simple things you can do at work that will drastically change your physical appearance (taking the stairs, getting up and moving every 30 minutes, what to eat and when). Google it and see if this offers any help. I wouldn't suggest doing anything drastic like HCG because you really don't know what's in those and they could be dangerous to your overall health. If you have stairs in your office, walk up and down them a few times a day (almost like sets) to get your heartrate going. Try drinking more water, which will force you to get up and walk to the ladies room more often. Depending on where your work is located, bring a pair of sneakers and socks with you and instead of taking an actual lunch break, go out for a walk and then eat at your desk or outside. Working out (even taking a brisk 20 minute walk) prior to eating lunch will speed your metabolism up and give you the energy  you need to finish your day. Is there a gym near your office? If so, you could join that and either commit to going in the morning or right after work. I find that if I pack my gym bag in the morning and bring it with me, I have no excuse to not stop on my way home. It's all about little changes throughout your day that will make all the difference.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards