Kentucky-Louisville

Alterations?

Anyone have any suggestions on where to go/ where not to go for dress alterations in Louisville? My ceremony is on November 11, and I still need to take my dress in for the first fitting. (I've been putting it off trying to lose those pesky 10 lbs!!!) Also, should I expect to just have to have one fitting or do most people usually need a few?

Re: Alterations?

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The number of fittings depends on how much work needs to be done.  The place who did mine had 2 fittings, including one when I picked up the dress.  I took mine to The Sewing Room in Fern Creek.  They've done several pieces for me over the years and always do a great job.  I've also heard fabulous things about Csilla Kosci.  Her website is www.csilladesigns.com.
  • edited December 2011
    I emailed Csilla and I think I am going to make an appointment with her in September for my first fitting. Thanks for the recommendations!
  • katepetersonkatepeterson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Beautiful Bustles by Meghan. She was great and very affordable. I've heard of the Csilla lady too but heard she is pricey.

Meghan was very flexible about appointments and really made me feel comfortable about everything she did.

Contact Meghan Hicks
    (502) 777-6882
    meghan.hicks@insightbb.com
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed. Csilla is awesome. My dress went from a size 10 to a size 0. I had to check around w/a few seamstresses and 3 of 5 said they would not be able to do the alteration. Csilla makes her own dance outfits...so she can handle anything.
    The dress looks awesome & you wouldn't even know it was the same!
  • edited December 2011

I know it totally depends on the dress, but I was wondering how much I should plan on spending for alterations?  I will need a litlle bit of a hem (no beading or lace) and I will also need it taken in. Thanks for any info. At this point I have no ballpark figure at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards