Ohio-Northeast

Cant find a venue!!!

Hi guys, my names Megan and i just got engaged a month ago.  We are planning a wedding for September 2012.  We started looking for venues to hold our reception and we are already so stressed!  We live in Streetsboro/Aurora and it seems any place we can find is either too far away, or is a country club that wants us to pay $5000 just for a reception.  We like the idea of something a little unique or as my fiance puts it, no low ceilings.  We are willing to drive 20 mins away to hold the reception but not too far since we do have family coming in from out of town as well.  Our budget is really small since were trying to save for a house and were pretty good at being frugal (lots of connections!!).  Can anyone help me find a place that won't break bank or cause a road trip?  Oh yea were looking to invite 100-120 people.  Any help would be insanely appreciated. THANK YOU!

Re: Cant find a venue!!!

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into the German Family Society in Brimfield? Someone on here is having their reception there, IIRC. Or, maybe Palace Hall & Catering in Brimfield? I think both are more straighforward halls though.

In Bath, for more 'unique', there's the Conrad Botzum Farmstead and also Hale Farm. Not sure of capacity of them though. Oh, and Sarah's Vineyard Winery in Cuyahoga Falls (across from Blossom on Steels Corners) does receptions. Hmm... maybe Throrncreek Winery in Aurora, too? Great Hall at Happy Days visitor center in the CVNP (Peninsula) might be another option? Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The Rusty Nail in Kent has a nice banquet hall attached to it.

I have been to a wedding at the German Family Society.  The place is run by volunteers.  As a result, no one seemed to know what they were doing.  There was a lot of chaos.
  • langs315langs315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sun Valley Party Center in Aurora.
  • edited December 2011
    Thorncreek has a nice outdoor area. 
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at syb hall in stow?
  • edited December 2011
    My friend use syb hall in stow.  it all depends what you want to pay and what you want for your reception.  I am using a place in akron called Springlake Party Center.  i have use of the grounds for photos, ceremony etc, no rental fee. just the plate cost.  I would say for 130 people its in the 5000 range.....which is their minimum on a friday night...but the plate is reasonalbe cost and includes the open bar....i also looked at the sheraton in cuy falls, and its about double what im paying...and i got to invite more people...so its all where u want to spend the money at....what your needs are.  IM getting married in the fall, and using the outdoor gazebo at spring lake for the ceremony as well.  No extra cost except chairis and decorations if you want them.  Hope this helps! good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards