North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hatteras Event home

I am looking in to having my spring 2013 wedding at an event home in Hatteras.  Does anyone have pictures that I would be able see of the reception set up?  Also how did you get the guests to and from Hatteras from the airport?  Was it affordable, convenient?  I have many questions! 

Re: Hatteras Event home

• I am getting married at the love boat In may so I'll post pics after that. We are renting a tent for the back yard and setting up everything under the tent. As far as the airport, I am leaving that up to the guests. They are all renting cars and bringing themselves to hatteras.
  • Hi and welcome to the board.  I got married in an event home in Hatteras in Septemeber 2010.  We used Hatteras Realty, but unfortunately as of this year it doesn't look like the house I got married in is even on the rental guide through Hatteras Realty.  I'm not really sure if the owners changed rental companies or what.  I looked at a lot of event homes through Hatteras Realty so if you have any questions on them let me know.  There are pictures in my signature just to get a feel for set-up, etc.  We had a very casual event though. 

I'm no help with the airport stuff.  We only had a couple people fly in.  One to our local airport and they drove down with my mom, and two flew into Norfolk but a friend planned her trip down to pick them up. 

Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Thanks for posting Laura!  Did you feel like you spent more or less then you would have spent if you got married in a venue?  Was it warm in september?
  • I feel like we spent about the same as others.  Our wedding in the end was about 12k.  That included the house and the fees associated with that, photography, food, flowers, officiant, cake, dress, etc.  We did have family friends that catered for us so that helped with the food budget some.  We also didn't do tent/table/chair rentals as we thought the prices were kind of ridiculous and we wanted a casual wedding anyways.  For the ceremony my husband and brother in law made benches for guests to sit.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of options as far as outside venues go on Hatteras Island, but we were set on getting married there.  We loved the idea of an event home wedding so it was no big deal to us. 

Septemeber was absolutely gorgeous.  The wedding day was sunny and 75-80 degrees and perfect.  It didn't rain until the morning we left.  You do have to keep in mind it's hurricane season from June-November though.  We were willing to chance it and it worked out well in the end.  When I was planning most of my vendors said their busiest months were May/June and September/October.

Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Hello & welcome!

I don't have anything to contribute for Hatteras, other than it's gorgeous of course, but I was also married in mid-September and the weather was absolutely perfect all week long!  Very warm & sunny days and nice relaxing evening breezes.  September has such pretty weather and perfect for a beach wedding :)

• Look up Daniel Pullen photography. They have a blog with loads of pics from the houses on the islands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards