Washington-Seattle
Options

Dress Question:

I'm in the process of ordering my colored crinoline from an Etsy vendor, and she asked me a question that I'm not sure how to answer (regarding the hem of the crinoline versus the hem of the dress):

"As a general rule, I would recommend lifting the bridal slip 2" above the floor for ease of movement. Do you know how long your dress is? Or how you plan to have it hemmed in relation to your waist to floor measurement? Knowing that may help me give you a more accurate recommendation."

I'm a little under 15 weeks from the wedding, so I haven't had my dress hemmed yet.  I bought a dress at a Sample Sale last year, and it will definitely need to be hemmed (I'm only 5'3").  I haven't consulted a seamstress yet since I'm over three months off.

What's the general rule with bridal dress hemming?  How far off the ground does the dress fall?  Is waist to floor (while wearing my wedding shoes) measurement a good indicator for dress/crinoline length? 

If it helps, my dress is somewhere between a Full A-line and a Ballgown dress with a long train.

Gawd, I'm so clueless.

OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Dress Question:

• Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i wouldn't alter your dress w/o a crinny, so you wouldn't be able to give her those answers until after you get it. i would tell her to just do whatever size is standard...your alterations person can hem it if necessary (or just *cut* it yourself)..
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards