Ohio-Toledo

Oct 9 Wedding - VENDOR REVIEWS

Hello ladies!  How quickly the time goes by when planning your wedding!  I always thought these vendor reviews were helpful, it made me feel more confident in my choices when I saw one of my vendors get good reviews, so here are my reviews!  I will say we were planning our wedding from the Cleveland area, so it was also important for us to have vendors who would communicate with us via email.  Our wedding was so wonderful!  We had absolutely gorgeous weather, and the feeling on that day that you have as a bride is just so awesome!  It does go by quickly, enjoy as much of it as you can!
CEREMONY:  Zoar Lutheran Church in Perrysburg A+
My family are members there and so I have known Pastor Tim for a large part of my life.  It felt right to us to get married there.  The secretaries were helpful with any questions we had, and Pastor Tim just made us feel absolutely comfortable with every step along the way.  The church organist, Eric Dickey, is an awesome musician in his own right, and we chose to do non-religious music for our ceremony.  He was awesome and got some rave reviews of his own from our guests.
RECEPTION:  Brandywine Country Club in Maumee A++
This was such a beautiful venue!  We met with Kristin Meyer, the wedding coordinator there, several times during our planning process.  She was really helpful with all of the decisions we had to make.  The tasting we did to choose our menu was wonderful and the food on the day of the wedding was so good!  We chose carved beef and stuffed chicken breasts and both got really good reviews from our guests.  The staff on the day of the wedding were amazing and the room looked so beautiful!  They did a wonderful job with setting up the room to our specifications and it looked absolutely elegant!
CAKE:  Eston's Gourmet Creations A+
We found Eston's at a Bridal show in January.  This is absolutely fabulous cake!  We did cake tastings at several bakeries around Toledo, and found this cake to be the best tasting.  We had Lemon-Berry and Carrot cake, and both flavors were so good!  The cakes were simple and looked very elegant, exactly what we wanted!
LIMO:  Birmingham Limousine A+
I booked Birmingham Limousine after finding them online.  They were great!  They gave me a confirmation phone call the day before the wedding, the driver was prompt, and limo had the champagne that was included in our package, we went all around town, and everything was wonderful!
DRESS:  Catan's Fashions in Stongsville  A
I live near this store, and for you Toledo brides the drive to Strongsville is not too far to find a dress.  They have a huge selection of dresses here, the store is very large, and the service was friendly.  I am a plus-sized bride and was not sure how I would look in the dresses which I liked, but the staff there helped me find an absolutely gorgeous dress!
ALTERATION's / DRESS PRESSING  Jane's Perfect Fit in Waterville  A+
I did not use Jane's for my alterations (I used someone near Cleveland), however I did use them to press my gown, and it was wonderful.  She knows what she's doing and the gown looked fabulous for the wedding day!
DJ:  A Class Act by Bob Norris  A+
We booked Bob Norris after seeing him at one of the Toledo wedding shows.  He was helpful and responded to our emails quickly.  At the time, he had a special whereby we could save money on the fee by paying everything upon booking him.  This made me a little bit nervous, but everything was fine.  Our DJ was professional, played songs that our guests could dance to, and the music was not so loud that you couldn't carry on a conversation.  We were very pleased!
FLOWERS:  I actually had a friend of my mom's who used to have a shop in Toledo but has since sold it, do my flowers.  So I'm not really much help there.  I will say, they were gorgeous! 
STATIONARY / FAVORS:  Here too, I had some friends who are into paper craft, do my stationary and favors.  So I'm not extremely helpful there either.  HOWEVER, for the brides out there who are DIY'ing any paper / party supplies, I highly highly recommend going to Hollo's Papercraft in Brunswick, OH.  It is about an hour and a half from Toledo (near Cleveland again), but it is a huge store with wholesale prices on paper/cardstock/envelopes/scrapbooking/etc.  I went there with my friends who did our invitations and thank you's to buy the paper and envelopes and saved a LOT of money doing it that way. 

That's it!  All I can say is:  don't stress too much on the small stuff, make sure you have fun, and trust your vendors.  They are the professionals after all!  Good luck ladies!!

Re: Oct 9 Wedding - VENDOR REVIEWS

• edited December 2011
    I realize I forgot to mention our photographer!  Sorry.
    We used Stone Fruit Studios.  Katrina and Lorenzo are so nice and we had our engagement pictures done by them as well.  The engagement pictures turned out well, and although we haven't seen our wedding pictures yet, I'm sure they will be beautiful!  They were on time on the day of the wedding, they stayed with us throughout the day, they followed us to all of the spots around town that we wanted to go, and they definitely mingled through our guests at the reception, snapping pics of all of the things we missed out on seeing.  They are both professional yet unobtrusive, exactly what we had hoped for!
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad your wedding was so wonderful! Congrats!

As for Hollo's Papercraft... when you say great prices, like, cheaper than cardsandpockets.com sort of prices? Is it possible to give me an example of pricing, say, how much you paid for rsvp cards and envelopes or something? (If you don't have that readily available, thats ok, I could call the store later this week). I'm driving home from Pittsburgh to Toledo next weekend and apparently Hollo's is only about 10 miles out of the way... I want to order/buy my paper stuff soon, and was planning to use Cards and Pockets. But if it will be worth it to make the stop (I hate driving so 10 miles isn't bad, but I would much rather go straight home!), then I will check them out! TIA.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • edited December 2011
    Regarding Hollo's, I pulled the amounts I spent there.  I bought the outer envelopes and inner envelopes for the invitations, and RSVP envelopes, as well as the thank you envelopes there, as well as approximately 250 sheets of white card stock, as well as 5-6 stacks (at least 2-3 inches high) of 5 x 7 colored cardstock for name cards, etc, and spent approximately 75 dollars.  We sent out approximately 100 invitations, and I bought 100 envelopes for the thank you cards.
  • Heathc123Heathc123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I saw ur invites (i think green pockets with orange) we must have the same friends: )really beautiful..They are going to help me with mine too.

image 279 Made the cut!
    image 81 Are ready to party! image 39 Are missing out!
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so so much! I'm thinking I will be stopping by on Friday- thanks for the tip :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a great day!!
  • katlynwkatlynw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony and reception at Brandywine Country Club August 6, 2011. So, glad you had a great experience. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards