Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

phantom of opera remake??

Does anyone know if "All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera has ever been remade? Maybe in a a less "opera" version? I love the opera, but for my wedding it might be a little much.

Re: phantom of opera remake??

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Did you try googling it? You tube? Also check Limewire or Itunes they may have something! HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Kate0034Kate0034 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas. I've tried google, but no luck so far. All I found was a Josh Groban/Sarah Brightman duet, but it was almost even more dramatic than the theatrical version. That's probably about all I'll find...good point about ALW. Maybe I should change my question to...does anyone have an opinion on which version would sound best at a reception? It'll be outdoors and somewhat informal, and this genre doesn't really fit with the other music we're playing. But, I'm planning to try to create a sort of "magical" feel, with lots of lights and candles and whatnot. This is where I think the song will fit in, because it has such a fairytale feeling. Basically, this is one of my all-time favorite love songs and I'd love to incorporate it into my wedding, even if it needs to be somewhere other than the first dance...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my sister had it sung as a solo arrangement at her ceremony as guests were getting seated.  it's a beautiful song!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Barbara Streisand (sp?) did a version of it.  Not sure if it's any less dramatic than the opera though.  I actually prefer the opera-version to hers, but you may like it better.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards