June 2012 Weddings
Options

Calling for RSVP's

So this weekend my parents and i were talking about having to call people who don't rsvp. My dad was fine with calling "his" people ( coworkers, his side of the family etc). my mom ( who is all about going by the book) said that she is not calling or emailing anyone bc she already knows who will and won't come. The problem is that she thought some people weren't going to come and then they already sent rsvp's saying they are. I can't guess on the number of people. i need to know who for sure is and is not coming. I don't want to have too much food or run out of food before everyone gets food. How can i tell my mom that she NEEDS to get in touch with "her" people so i can have a more accurate count? I understand some people are common sense that won't come but i can't guess on all the people who don't rsvp.

Re: Calling for RSVP's

• Options
    can you call "her" people? We will be calling everyone who doesn't RSVP. We need to know for food amounts and don't want to guess anymore then we have to. It's not rude to call people, it's rude of people not to RSVP
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind calling people but i the majority of her people i don't know so it would be kind of weird calling people who they don't know me and vice versa. I just need to convince her to do it. I can complain long and hard enough and she will say that she will do it but then she will just lie about it and give me her guesses.
  • Options
    I would have someone (regardless if it's you, a BM, or your mom) call them to let you know.  It doesn't have to be a long conversation just something like "Hi, I'm calling because we need a complete head count for the wedding and we haven't received your RSVP yet.  Do you plan on attending?  If so, how many seats will you need reserved?"
  • Options
    you need to make that call, we are in the same boat.  we've invited 40 more guests than we wanted initially, so at $60/guest we are having to call!!  
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Personally, I think if you aren't comfortable calling someone then they shouldn't be invited to your wedding.  It's nice of your dad to offer to help, but IMO, it's your wedding.  You should call them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_calling-for-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:62155739-ba2e-4557-840f-76d34606292fPost:00bcf9e7-c0b9-423b-98da-1526760eb30a">Re: Calling for RSVP's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I think if you aren't comfortable calling someone then they shouldn't be invited to your wedding.  It's nice of your dad to offer to help, but IMO, it's your wedding.  You should call them.
    Posted by lb1212[/QUOTE]

I didn't want them invited but my mom would just email our calligrapher adding more addresses and i didn't know anything about it until i was stuffing envelopes. Trust me i only wanted people that i personally know but its too late for that. can't take them back now. Trust me that was another issue with my mom when i was trying to get the list of guests together.
  • Options

I totally agree with you....we are deff calling guest if we don't have a response by our RSVP date.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I would call them, ask your mother for numbers, and if she doesn't step up to make the calls then, do it yourself. You can't guess on head count at a wedding.
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards