Nevada-Las Vegas

...Getting ahead of yourself...

As more of a silent member of theknot.com...I have spent time just reading through all the amazing weddings and ideas...have contacted a bride or two...but what I realized today is that I am getting WAY ahead of myself and I am scared that anything I decide on now, might not exist come 2012!!

This is my second wedding and I think that I was just so excited to have it be destination and excited that my guy is all into looking at stuff too ..we are both total planning type people...and I had this like nightmare about nothing I wanted being able to happen come the day...

But at the same time...I find it SO HARD to stop looking and thinking and planning... especially since I just had emergency surgery last week...I am pretty much stuck in the house...and most of the house time is spent in bed! AHHHH...haha

So I just wanted to get that off my mind...I am truly enjoying all your posts and pictures and ideas... ^_^

Have a wonderful night ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ...Getting ahead of yourself...

• edited December 2011
    I say its never too arly!!!!....I started planning 2 years ahead!!!!!! I still have over a year to go but have already decided most of the big things and booked a lot! If things change I will deal with it then but I want to make sure I have the right people and places so booking early for me made sense!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married in 2012 and getting way ahead of myself! I'm looking at caterers, photographers, cakes!! Have decided where we're having our ceremony and reception!! But when does everyone start booking all these things?
  • edited December 2011
    Haha! Yeah relax and have fun with it! I think it's fine to book the venues if you can, but after that I would hold off a little bit. Styles change and you NEVER know what you might find along the way! I have seen things recently that I wish I had know about when I was planning :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have had a short engagement but I definitely had lots of ideas and thoughts compiled long beforehand. We knew we wanted a Vegas wedding so I did a lot of research - I say start organizing your thoughts and things you love and then when time comes to discuss them or start booking you guys can review and see if what you loved now is what you love then. It's the best of all worlds, you get to make wedding plans without actually booking.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • edited December 2011
    I was engaged for almost 3 years before I got married, and I changed my mind 3 times about what I wanted to do!

I agree with my girl Sloane, start collecting ideas of what you like so you are better prepared when it comes time to book. 

Also, come hang out with us more! No need to be a silent Knottie!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_getting-ahead-of-yourself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b4f0aa98-8705-4415-b5dc-369f5db4b060Post:4d4f58a2-4227-4783-abf5-a1d72fc9fa7f">Re:...Getting ahead of yourself...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was engaged for almost 3 years before I got married, and <strong>I changed my mind 3 times about what I wanted to do!</strong> I agree with my girl Sloane, start collecting ideas of what you like so you are better prepared when it comes time to book.  Also, come hang out with us more! <strong>No need to be a silent Knottie!
    </strong>Posted by Olivea12[/QUOTE]

This! I was engaged for 14 months. We changed our mind a few times, but once we picked Vegas, I was pretty set on what I wanted. I say pick what  you are dead set for (for me it was ceremony/reception site). Other vendors like photographers, make-up, cake you may see new inspiration in the coming months. Especially cake. I think I ordered mine maybe 2 months before my wedding?

Enjoy the planning process! It goes by quickly!
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to add that.... I prob changed my mind 50X's  in the 10 months we were engaged! The only thing that did not change was the location of the ceremony.lol.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    I've found that two of the photogs we wanted for next June are already booked for the weekend we're getting married, and had been so for more than a month by the time we asked, so people ARE booking photogs more than a year in advance in some cases.  If you're planning to use one who's frequently mentioned on this site and you're getting married during wedding season, I'd book as early as they'll take a reservation.

As far as locations, some of the resorts won't take bookings more than 11 months out so you have more flexibility there if you're using one of the big strip resorts. 

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    I always like to compare my options, as you know by my spreadsheets :-), I think once you know what you want you should book it but don't feel like everything has to be decided this instant.  If you find anything is a must have book those first, then you can deal with the items you are less concerned with. 

It's definitely hard to not want to plan everything right away but take your time and make sure what you pick really reflects how you and you FI want to spend your wedding day. 

• edited December 2011
    VegasGroom.... booked?? Really?? Well, that makes me feel a bit better about looking so far out! Especially since I am already in love with Todd's work that I have seen from all these lovely ladies on this site!

MhoneyBee...your spread sheet as inspire many more spread sheets! haha Jason loves making spread sheets and after seeing yours...man...he has made some! He also found a location he likes a lot...since location is not the most important thing to me...I am letting him run with that idea... the reception is just now the hardest thing to imagine...and I dont think I will really know how to do my reception until I have an accurate headcount...

Olivea12.... that is a very long engagement! That makes me feel a lot better...I felt awkward thinking so far ahead...so thanks for sharing! Oh...and with another week or so until I can really leave the house...I am sure I will be much less of a silent knottie ...hahaha

You guys are all right...collecting ideas and booking things I know for sure is right... I need to make a notebook/scrapbook or something.

I will search amazon.com and such to see what I can find... I have another week or so before I can leave the house (BOO!!) .... so it would give me something to do while I am laying here...hehe

^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_getting-ahead-of-yourself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b4f0aa98-8705-4415-b5dc-369f5db4b060Post:2277c9cb-43d2-4541-99fc-8994afccc28c">Re:...Getting ahead of yourself...</a>:
    [QUOTE]VegasGroom.... booked?? Really?? Well, that makes me feel a bit better about looking so far out! Especially since I am already in love with Todd's work that I have seen from all these lovely ladies on this site! [/QUOTE]

Yep, Todd is one of the people we contacted in late May for mid-June of 2011 and he was already booked for two weekends in June. :)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards