Ohio-Cleveland

Reception AND Outdoor Ceremony at one location westside Cleveland

I am helping plan my sister's wedding.  Her parameters for the wedding location are:

125-150 people
Outdoor Ceremony space with reception space at the same venue or within 5 minute driving distance
$35/pp

Prefers within 15 miles of Westlake/Lakewood/North Olmsted area

Please let me know about the places we're am considering as well as ones that you believe match the parameters of the wedding. Thanks!

Wagners Country Inn.  Within the budget and closeby. Is there an outdoor space for ceremony?

Erhnfelt Event Center in Strongsville.  The Strongsville Backyard Preserve is behind the venue, but the exculsive cateror is Taste of Elegance, which I heard can be pricy.

Ahern's Banquet Center in Avon Lake.  Although outside of Cuyahoga County, it is within her miles radius, and has an outdoor ceremony space.  I do not know the cost of this site however.

Gemini Center in Fairview Park.  BYOC.  Will be very busy as a rec center during the summer. An outdoor ceremony at the venue may be loud.

Caro's in Medina.  Out of our radius, but it is a mother-of-the-bride suggestion.

COMMENTS/FEEDBACK PLEASE!

Re: Reception AND Outdoor Ceremony at one location westside Cleveland

• Wagners - My 1st choice initially (loved their ballroom, but probably too large), but no outdoor space for the ceremony.  They will do it indoors in one of their reception rooms, though.  We ruled it out for a few reasons, but some being - no good place for pictures and if we had to go offsite which would take time, nowhere for the guests to go.  We also were going to do their chicken special, but really wanted a beef option, too. 

We went with Michaud's, Strongsville, more south than west.  They have a nice outdoor space and their prices were very reasonable.  The food and service was great.  The Dubonnet room was our choice and in my opinion the best room (besides the ballroom).  They have a lot of rooms, but we got married on a Sunday, so only 1 other event way on teh other side.
  • Ruby's Banquet hall is out that way as well.  http://rubyshall.com/ beautiful indoor venue, but would need a near by location for ceremony. 

• Thanks for the insight.  I am trying to presaude the bride to have it on friday night since it may be less expensive and less busy
  • i looked at Rose Cafe in lorain...not to far from that area...GORGEOUS but just too small for my wedding, i think the price was about what you're looking for...might be worth checking out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another positive vote for Michaud's in Strongsville. They were so good to us, food was excellent and reasonably priced. I highly recommend them--they do a fantastic job!
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards