Texas-Houston

A Traffic Jam Helped Me Find My Dress (Yippee!)

I made a trip after work Friday to check out a massive bridal store near the Galleria area in Houston. Traffic was so bad that I decided to exit and just go home. Just as I began my trek home, I remembered that there was a Priscilla of Boston nearby. 
I knew about the closing but did not realize that there was a Grand Finale of 50 - 75% off. After looking through a number of samples and some second thoughts, I found the most beautiful gown!  I later found out that it was part of the P of B Platinum line, new this season, and was in route to the store when the closing was announced. 
As soon as I tried it on I knew it was the one.  but I wanted my family and matron of honor to see it before I committed. The staff let me put on hold and the next day with the emphatic approval, as well as me needing to catch my breath and hold back tears, I had my dress.
The cost came out to be a little more than 75% the original ($1,183 w/ tax). If you live in the Houston area or within reasonable traveling distance I highly recommend a visit to the Priscilla of Boston shop in Uptown Park. Ask for Angela. She's awesome!
I will post pics soon. Yippee!

Re: A Traffic Jam Helped Me Find My Dress (Yippee!)

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! How exciting. I also found my dress at a boutique in the galleria area. It was a sample sale and I got 60% off. The dress is amazing and I was afraid someone else would get it so I bought it on the spot with no one with me. I tried it on in front of my MOH and Mom at home and they loved it. I still need a veil so maybe I'll swing by Priscilla to see what they have.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    LOL that's great that a stressful situation worked out for you
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, for once Houston traffic was a good thing LOL!
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww!  That's where I got MY dress too!  I LOOOVE Angela!  She was phenomenal to work with.  It's so sad that PoB is closing it's doors.  I was sad when I first heard the news.  Congrats on finding your dream dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I was sad to hear about them closing too. I hope the David's Bridal treats them right and find all of the staff positions in the other stores. It's really disappointing that DB would discontinue such a great service. 
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, Angela is phenomenal!
  • wcoreaswcoreas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when are they closing? im going to be in houston this weekend!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The last day is December 31, 2011. There were quite a few dresses left last weekend. The majority were sample size 8 but I did see quite a few smaller and also size 12. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards