Maine

Honeymoon Hotel...Check!

I just booked our hotel for our honeymoon and I'm so excited!  One of my co-workers is letting us use his family discount at one of the Mariotts outside of Baltimore. 

Definitely excited about this even though it's not the traditional "romantic" honeymoon. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Honeymoon Hotel...Check!

• schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yayy congrats!

dont worry my honeymoon isn't carribean vacation either

we get to stay in a camp that my Uncle owns (for free) it is right on the lake, has indoor pluming, electricity and a full kitchen and it is absolutly gorgeous! I am so excited to drive 45 min up 95 and do nothing for a week! The 3 b's are calling my name bathing suiti,beers and burgers.

sometimes i really enjoy telling people I am getting married in a cemetary and will be honeymooning at a camp
         one of my coworkers goes "will you sleep in a tent?" hahaha
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!  We are spending our "honeymoon" up at the house we are getting married in (we are there for a week) and I'm fairly certain a good portion of our friends will be with us. haha.  I am going to try and plan a couple of nights in Kennebunkport for just the two of us so we get a little alone time out of our honeymoon.  :) 
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check girl! Who cares if your not going to Paris or whatever, all that matters is that you enjoy it together.
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided that going to Baltimore was pretty much "fate" for us when we found out that the Sox were going to be there the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday after we got married and then when my co-worker said he could hook us up for $35 a night. 

We'll also be spending a few days in DC while we are down there.  I LOVE DC and when FI and I went on a road trip two summers ago, we didn't get to see everything that he wanted to see.  I'm glad we get to go back.  We're driving too.  So much cheaper than spending money on flights and renting a car. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

Congrats! Yeah we're going to Vermont the next weekend for his work so we're just adding a few extra days to explore Vermont since we've never been there.. I'm pretty excited about it though!

• amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice!!!!
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like an awesome honeymoon (they all do!). Red Sox at Camden Yards, who needs more? :) I love the idea!

I haven't even thought about this part of the wedding planning. I have a feelling we'll be picking a last-minute deal to wherever sounds fun at the moment...haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    chrispygal

our friends are near by also so we are planning our annual booze cruise celebration during our honeymoon (it was named booze cruise because we started it on the saco river, the location changes but the name doesnt)

basically drink and eat all day /> wow i sound hick! haha

i promise i dont wear camo all the time and i do own heels and sometimes drink wine

anywho i am super excited to relax
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, well I'm glad I'm not the only one hanging with other people during our honeymoon.  :)    P.S.  Nothing wrong with beer, flats and camo!  lol
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    There are certain times when I wish I could "like" things on here.. it'd be much easier then writing that I agree with the last 2 statements :) On our tour of Vermont we're going to check out teh Magic Hat Brewery & Ben & Jerrys.. super excited.. anyone ever been to Vermont and recommend anywhere?  We are staying in Stowe the following weekend at the Snowflake in.. so we'll be adventuring up that way.. from Portland
  • edited December 2011
    We were in Burlington not too long ago and loved it!  We visited both Magic Hat and Ben & Jerry's.  Add Lake Champlain Chocolate to your tour too.  :)  There is great shopping and restaurants down on Market Street (I think that's what it is called).  I had one of my best meals EVER at Luenig's Bistro.  Seriously if you are in Burlington you must go.  We are total foodies and I've eaten at many good places.  I am still thinking about this meal - that's how good it was! 
    Married 9.4.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards