Florida-North Florida

Bridal Shower

My fiance and I want a coed shower since it is intended for the both of us. But majority of the guys he is inviting keep telling him its not for guys just girls, and they even told him he should not be going. What is the ettiquette on bridal showers. I thought since your getting married " Two becoming one"   the gifts are for both of us not just the bride? Can  someone  tell me if I am wrong or how this is supposed to work?

Re: Bridal Shower

• edited December 2011
    I know friends of our had a strictly girls bridal shower and then a couple bbq (Shower).  It's really what fits best for you guys.  I did an all girls shower but had my fiance' come at the end to thank everyone for the presents and help load them into the car/clean up! (He is a good man!:)  Again, it is what you guys feel comfortable with as a couple.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few friends of mine have had "Jack and Jill" showers.  They were usually backyard BBQ's (where the guys can hang out, grill, talk sports, whatever).  Some of them had random games like horse shoes or pool.  It was just a fun time to hang out and celebrate the bride and groom.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you guys for your help. I  will explain this to my fiance and maybe he can explain to the guys that are questioning things.
  • Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have also seen "Man Showers" They bring tools and man gifts and stuff. But I think these days it's a lot like babyshowers, they are mostly both guys and girls now. I think it's about what makes you and your friends most comfortable.
  • edited December 2011
    Since my family lives down in Orlando I am having the traditional all girls bridal shower there.  Here, we are having a luau type evening party for his family and our friends for a "couples shower".  I agree with pp most of the showers I've been to lately have been for couples but you need to do what you are the most comfortable with.  :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    146 Invited image 81 Joining the celebration image 29 Are missing out image36 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: March 15, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards