Oklahoma
Options

venue help!!! -TULSA

I've been engaged for about 3 weeks and I have been looking at Tulsa venues ever since, but I am having such a hard time finding anything. I have a VERY low budget, but still want it to be nice. I am also planning a lot of this wedding from a different state, I move to Tulsa at the end of the summer, but want to get the big things (ceremony and reception) set very soon.

I love the barn at vive le ranch, it is beautiful, but that is why I am afraid it is out of my budget. Has anybody held a reception here and know anything about the cost? for about 100-115 guests??

I have also been looking at the Green Country Event Center and Mickeys occasions. These are less impressive on the websites, but I am hoping to maybe drape the room to make it beautiful. Has anybody used either of these places??

Any advice would be much appreciated. I am SO new at all of this!!!

Re: venue help!!! -TULSA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just throwing this out there. but this is the place i'm using for our reception and we are using a local church.  Its a blank slate but REALLY cheap. 

If you are looking into catering
    http://www.michaelscateringcompany.com/
    He's extremely nice, good food, and very good prices.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i will look into local churches, good idea!

and thank you for the catering recommondation!

• Options
    matt&britmatt&brit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a hard time as well!! Just as I thought I found the place I wanted it didnt work out!!! Hope you find something!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting married in Tulsa, but I live near Tulsa. Have you guys checked out Central Center? It's downtown and it's where I would have had my wedding if I didn't settle on destination wedding! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there a good website for the central center venue?? im currently in Texas so a majority of my planning this summer is all online!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Idk if this goes with your theme but Harwelden mansion is beautiful and owned by the arts and humanities council of Tulsa so they're rates are REALLY good. Were getting the place for $1200 all day sunday. They also dont tack on fees or have many rules like some places. Ahct.org
  • Options
    shayna25shayna25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having a Tulsa wedding next year.  We are having the ceremony outdoor at Harwelden Mansion.  We are booking only 3 hours on a sunday for that and it cost $400, which includes chairs.  Our reception will be at IDL Ballroom and all day on a sunday is $1000; and we also get access to Enso (a bar) and Electric Circus (a dance club that is fantastic for photos)  It still seems like a lot, but it's way less expensive than everything else we have been looking at in the Tulsa area.  check out their websites
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards