Wisconsin

Tornado Hit Wedding Venue

I'm getting married on August 21st and my wedding venue was hit by a tornado last night.  My luck!  Any advice finding an venue in the Waukesha area in two months?  Thanks! Leslie
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tornado Hit Wedding Venue

• mmskaricmmskaric member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, Leslie! That's a bummer. Can you tell us where you were planning to help give you a comperable place?
  • edited December 2011
    OMG I am so so sorry that this happened to you. I live in Brookfield and it was so scary last night with all of the sirens going off :o(

What kind of place did you originally have booked? How much damage was done to your venue? Is there a chance the venue will be rebuilt/repaired by the time of your wedding?

I would start calling around to places you are interested in asap. I think if you explain your circumstances that you should be able to get a discounted rate. If all else fails.....take it to the media like channels 4 or 12. I am sure if they run your story you may be able to get help from the community that way too. Please keep us updated! Sending positive vibes your way :o)
  • runnrgurlrunnrgurl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! That's terrible. I just moved out of that area a month ago, this makes me so sad. 

I agree with morticia- if you can't find something fast, petition the tv stations. They're great in that area for helping people out!

Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow, I am so sorry!

As the PP mentioned, can you give a few more details?  It might helps us come up with ideas for you.

Also - give your venue a few days to get things in order and then  give them a call.  Perhaps it's possible for them to fix the damage in time, or maybe they have a connections with other venues that they could help you to find a new place too.

• sameagansameagan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear this and so close to the wedding. I agree with PP I'm sure that your venue has insurance and will be able to rebuild or fix up everything that was damaged. Plus, it is wedding season so I'm sure they will hurry it along.
    Sending good vibes your way! Take a breath and then start calling your venue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • heartrn13heartrn13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sooo Sorry to hear that!  I live in West Allis, my son in Waukesha.. it was so dark and windy.. i heard the sirens from them before ours went off! Dont worry you have time to find something else Just be blessed everyone was safe :)
    Sherri
  • edited December 2011
    Try The Loft @ Cedar Ridge or Seven Sea's in Delafield
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support ladies.  Old World Wisconsin will be open to the public this weekend.  My wedding is on... just might look a little different with 2,500 less trees!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards