Hawaii

Ceremony & Reception at Gannon's

Hi ladies, I finally narrowed down my decision to have a ceremony & reception at Gannon's and will work with outside coordinator (Deanne from Precious Maui Wedding).  I haven't signed any contract yet.  But I'm looking for opinions from those of you who had your wedding at Gannon's if you would care to share information, tips, your experiences, or something I should watch out for .. I would be greatly appreciate it since I've never been to Hawaii. 

Also, did you choose to have your ceremony at Molokini look out or Lower Knoll?  And how was the food there?????

Thanks so much in advance!

-Kay

Re: Ceremony & Reception at Gannon's

• AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kay,
    There will be girls who can help you out more with this one, but my hair stylist had her wedding at Gannon's when it was still Seawatch and she loved it there.  However, I have heard less than great things since they became Gannons, but honestly haven't heard any complaints in a while so it may have just been issues while they were adjusting to new ownership.  I think having the outside coordinator will work out well for you there as well.  I believe she had her wedding at the Lower Knoll, and I've seen pics and it was gorgeous!  The scenery and how manicured everything is looks just beautiful, you will have a wonderful wedding!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Kay, 

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  

We got married at Gannon's in October.  We really couldn't have been happier with our decision.  The location is beautiful, they were very easy to work with, and the food was the best food we had on our entire trip to Maui and the Big Island (it's been 4 months and we STILL have guests tell us how amazing the food was!).  

We had a pretty small guest list, so we chose to get married on the lower knoll.  The only "draw back" to that location is that it is very close to the drive way for Gannon's, but I honestly don't remember a single car driving by during the ceremony.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

If you want to check out some pictures from the wedding:

Happy Planning!
    Amanda
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Amanda!  Love your photos :)  Where did you get your ring dish?  I just love 'meeting' the brides whose wedding photos I've been adoring :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Tanq :)
    We were really happy with how the pictures turned out.

I got the ring dish from this etsy seller: 

but I'm not seeing the hula girl dish on he site right now, it's possibly something that could be requested.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am also having my wedding at Gannon's this October.  We went for a scouting trip last November and had dinner at the restaurant and the food was really good so we went on and booked it.  We are actually having our ceremony at Molokini Lookout because we felt it would be more private. 
  • edited December 2011
    @Caudiva7 : I'm also thinking of having a ceremony at Molokini Lookout, but in November.  During your scouting trip, did you get to check out the Lookout area?  I will be having only 25-30 guests, do you think the area is too large for small number of guests?  Also, since you were there in November, how was the weather during that time?

@Amanda : Thank you!  I'm sure I will have more questions for you  :)   I will definitely PM you.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards