August 2013 Weddings

8/2/13

hey ladies!
I don't think I've made much of an appearance around here yet so I figure I better start. We booked our venue for Friday, 8/2. I am so excited but it feels soooooo far away. With my venue comes my DOC, catering, bar, champagne brunch for while we're getting ready and tons of other stuff. I booked my florist and photographer and my hair girl and another good friend will be doing my hair and makeup along with the WP.

We have our engagement photo shoot 9/30/12 and I hope to send out our STDs around early November.

Looking forward to chatting with you all and sharing ideas!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 8/2/13

• Welcome to the board.  :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Welcome and congrats! Looks like you have a lot of your wedding planning done and vedors booked! Good for you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_8213?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:c0eb6fe7-01d0-468a-899e-83fc97653836Post:74dddbed-9495-4f61-8f81-86167aeaa96d">Re: 8/2/13</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome and congrats! Looks like you have a lot of your wedding planning done and vedors booked! Good for you!
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I sure do. I'm a huge planner, so it's no surprise that I have most of my vendors booked. The only ones not confirmed so far are the DJ and officiant.
  • prloveprlove member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Hey there!  My wedding is August 3, 2013! :)

I, too, have booked the all inclusive venue and have a ton of stuff planned already.  Everyone keeps telling me it's too soon and that I am nuts, but I like to plan in advance and have time to slowly pay and save for everything.  Glad to see I'm not the only one!  Although I do have to put the deposit down for the florist, photographer, lighting, and.... I think that's it. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_8213?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:c0eb6fe7-01d0-468a-899e-83fc97653836Post:3aebec08-b784-401a-957e-a124894c0b34">Re: 8/2/13</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey there!  My wedding is August 3, 2013! :) I, too, have booked the all inclusive venue and have a ton of stuff planned already.  Everyone keeps telling me it's too soon and that I am nuts, but I like to plan in advance and have time to slowly pay and save for everything.  Glad to see I'm not the only one!  Although I do have to put the deposit down for the florist, photographer, lighting, and.... I think that's it. :)
    Posted by prlove[/QUOTE]

I completely get it! Most of my friends/family get that I'm a planner no matter what so it's not too surprising, however, they all do flip me a hard time every now and then :) Good for us for being ahead of the game! Hopefully it will ease stress when the day gets close!
  • that's my date too :) I LOVE the fact that I've had time to plan and book one thing at a time. I have the venue, dj, photo/video, florist, and hair/makeup. Yay for 8/2/13!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's my date too! Yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards