Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Getting married in 6 days and no entrance song yet!!

We're getting married in less than a week and haven't yet picked entrance songs! Any Ideas? We'd like an upbeat song and have though about "I've got a feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas, "Signed, Sealed Delivered" or "Beautiful Day" by U2 but are open to anything! Thanks!

Re: Getting married in 6 days and no entrance song yet!!

• Options
    ljsanokljsanok member
    First Comment
    we're entering in to "Tik Tok" by Kei$ha at "now the party don't start 'til i walk in" part of the song.... just an idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pink - Get This Party Started is very popular.

We entered to Aerosmith - Walk This Way

Don't worry about this too much.  Your guests will definitely not remember, and in a few weeks, it won't matter to you.  IMO, the only song that matters to me after our wedding is our first dance song.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We theoretically entered to "Losing Streak" by the Eels.  I say theoretically because I have no idea if that was actually what was playing, I couldn't hear it.  So yeah, just pick something, or just tell your DJ to play something fun and let him decide.  It's a very minor decision.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    We entered to "You're The Best" by Joe Esposito (The song from the orginal "Karate Kid"). DH and I have a running joke with the song, but I've never heard of anybody else using it.

If you're really stuck but still want an entrance, you could always just ask your DJ to pick something.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    you could always just ask your DJ to pick something.
    brideswardrobe.com/7-wedding-dress
  • Options
    I love "Signed, sealed delivered"! I also like "Hello I love you" by the Doors.
    I'm married!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_getting-married-6-days-entrance-song-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:c8af95af-8523-4260-9eec-a835df720078Post:ea3fb5e3-7776-4aa0-95fa-815264519d70">Re: Getting married in 6 days and no entrance song yet!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love "Signed, sealed delivered"! <strong>I also like "Hello I love you" by the Doors.
    </strong>Posted by nleley1505[/QUOTE]

That awesome! I'm a huge Doors fan and haven't considered that. I also like the intro from "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. My friends walked out to that song and it was great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ok don't laugh (until I'm done) 
    I'm a big fan of boy bands -- I said don't laugh.
    New Kids on the Block (didn't I say don't laugh?) have a song called Click Click Click -- it's dance-able but  kinda I don't know slow and sexy? but the lyrics fit prefect for the feeling I guess? 

Like the opening lyrics are 
    I am patiently waiting on you to get dressed girl
    I'm gonna sit here while you put your face on
    Playing with your makeup

Damn you look so good it hurts me
    The design of your body is perfect, 
    oh, oh, oh, oh, yeah
    I don't deserve you girl

And I'm like stop, stop
    Let me take a mental shot of this moment, yeah
    Ooh, baby drop, drop
    Everything you doing right now and just hold it
    Click, click, click

I mean it's like that line in 27 Dressed when they are taking about their favorite part of the wedding and for both of them it's when the Bride walks out and all eyes are on her -- just the look on the groom's face....priceless....I think the song sums it up.... kinda cheesy sure but sweet.

OK NOW you may feel free to laugh to your hearts content. 

• Options
    I think you should use  "You make me better" by Fabulous ft Ne Yo and you can come in on the part where it's says " I'm good all by myself but I'm a force when we're together, Im good all by myself but baby you you make me better"  if you like hip hop type of music
  • Options
    My sister and her bridal party entered to Rascal Flatts Me and my gang.....it was really cute.
  • Options
    At my brother's wedding, the WP walked in to "Beautiful Day" by U2. We had so much fun! At mine, I'm planning on "Love you Madly" by Cake, which has been one of our favorite songs throughout our relationship. My FI picked it and I loved the idea!
  • Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    Oh, our BP entered to the Theme From The Legend of Zelda. DH picked that, because it's his favorite video game, and because I got to walk down the aisle to a song from my favorite game.

Do you guys have anything like favorite movies or something that you could pick a song from? I know tons of people that have used The Imperial March from Star Wars, or Eye of The Tiger from Rocky.

I know a girl who when she was dating her DH whenever she was sick, he would come over, make her some soup and they would watch the movie Beetlejuice (It was her favorite as a kid), so they used the "Shake Senora" song at the end of the movie for their entrance.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Were getting married Saturday and were using Michael Franti's Say Hey I love you!! I can't wait its very upbeat and bouncy.. Great dance song.
  • Options
    Oh that IS an awesome song
  • Options

We're using Shut it down - Pitbull.  Just a suggestion.

• Options
    We are doing Thunderstruck because it is what the Bruins enter the ice with... and since we are obsessed with the Bruins it fit.... Both paretns were pretty pissed when we told them we were going to do black and gold for our wedding colors, so we figured instead of having Bruins colors we can have some Bruin's related thing and we picked that! Also, my friend is entering with Paparazzi by Lady GaGa...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards