Getting in Shape

Stress eating during wedding planning

Alright ladies, Im hoping some Of you can relate to what Im going through and maybe have some tips?
I'm so stressed between work, planning, and tryig to work out that sugary treats and comfort food are 10x more tempting than they normally would be! Plus, wedding cake tasting isn't helping. Does anyone have some ideas how to help me get under control? Usually I'm better if I've been working out, but sometimes I don't have time and the temptations are easier to give into.

Re: Stress eating during wedding planning

• Plan plan plan.

Meal plan.  Make double batches of healthy meals and freeze individual portions for quick, healthy meals on days when you don't have time or motivation to cook and would end up ordering in, take out, or going out instead. 

Keep the sugary treats and comfort food out of the house.  If you're truly craving it enough to go out and get it, indulge, but in reasonable portions.  Go to the gas station and buy a single candy bar instead of keeping a bag of fun sized ones in the cabinet.  Go out and get really good ice cream or frozen yogurt as a treat instead of keeping the mediocre stuff in the freezer and eating out of the container.  If it's not at home, you're less likely to eat it, and if you want it bad enough to go out and get it, you might as well eat it because you'll overindulge other ways or eventually break down and binge at some point.

Find other ways to manage your stress.  Take a walk.  Take a bath.  Call a friend.  Make a list of things you have to do, and get something done. 

Make a rule that eating must be done at the table.  Portion out what you're eating, put the rest away, and sit down at the table.  Don't sit on the couch and eat chips out of the bag.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Wow, those are all WONDERFUL ideas! I have been trying to cook more myself lately, which saves money as well as being healthy. I have thought of journaling too! I have found that food cravings are usually other thoughts in disguise, so journaling has been very cathartic for me. 

thanks again!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_stress-eating-during-wedding-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:e28f01d1-4fab-4761-bb6a-f4be75f898bdPost:ef3db963-d00f-4468-b871-0a7daf59c730">Re: Stress eating during wedding planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, those are all WONDERFUL ideas! I have been trying to cook more myself lately, which saves money as well as being healthy. I have thought of journaling too! I have found that food cravings are usually other thoughts in disguise, so journaling has been very cathartic for me.  thanks again!
    Posted by asteffens100[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...I'll have to remember that food cravings are other thoughts in disguise.  That's good thinking.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards