Ohio-Toledo
Options

QOTD 8/30

I'm making a clicky poll for those that want to answer anonymously.
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 8/30

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our total came in just under $10k not including the rings.  If you add in the rings, we were just under $15k.

While I think I would have been sorry to skip a wedding, it sure would have been nice to instead pay off my car and install central air in our house!

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our original budget is about $16,000 without rings and honeymoon.  However, so far we have found some great deals, and we are pleasantly suprised to be under budget.  Not sure if we are going to add some "extras" in the wedding reception, or just save the leftover money. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our original budget was 15k and we hit it almost exactly!  I think we made a lot of good choice and spent the money wisely.
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking for a 15k budget.  But my mom kept adding people to the guestlist I never met -- IE, my late grandmother's sister's children.  Plus they are inviting more friends to the wedding than I am.  So after many tears over the budget, my dad offered to pay for his and my mom's friends (about $3k for *their* guest list).  The wedding is now at $17k for everything, including rings and gifts for WP and hotels for after the wedding, etc... but we don't have a final headcount yet, so it may go down to $15k ish once people start declining (They changed the date of the OSU vs UM game, so it now falls on my wedding.  My mom thinks half the guest list are going to decline because of that).

And yes, right now, I think it would have been a better investment to pay off my student loans than pay for other people to eat. :(
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our original budget was $6k and after finding some amazing deals we're down more toward $5k + a little. We added in a few extras and/or paid a bit more for some things to get better quality.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our budget is $15K, and despite many fears at the beginning of planning that we would be $1-2K over, we are actually about that much under.  That budget does not include rings or honeymoon.  We even managed to get a videographer which we thought would be out of budget at the beginning.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards