Ohio-Northeast

outdoor wedding in june

Hi,  My grandmother has a very nice lanscaped backyard and my parents along with my other aunts and uncles have gotten married in her back yard but it was so long ago. So I was wondering what the pros and cons were of having an outdoor wedding in your backyard. Am I crazy for wanting an outdoor wedding in june in Ohio? I am going for a garden wedding theme does anyone know of a location that would work well on a budget. Thanks

Re: outdoor wedding in june

• How many guests? As for June, I think that's a fine month for an outdoor wedding. It doesn't usually get wickedly hot until well into July and into August.

Some things to consider if you decide to use a backyard. I'm sure I'm missing something, but these are just what come to mind at the moment:

-Make sure there's enough parking
    -You may need to rent restrooms, depending on how many guests you expect
    -Rental of tent, chairs, dance floor
    -Where will caterers set up? Is there electricity/water available for them?
    -Check with local authorities regarding noise ordinances and curfews
    -Also find out any rules in place for serving alcohol for a large group
    -Security requirements (if serving alcohol, this is especially important)

As for garden wedding locations, friends of mine were married on campus at Hiram College in one of their gardens, then the reception was indoors at the Kennedy Room (I think that's the name). Lovely wedding, and the food was pretty good, too. :) Another friend was married at the Lodge at Geneva where she and her husband had an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, but they also do outdoor receptions. No clue on pricing for either of these, but I'd say Hiram was probably the more affordable of the two. Geneva was sort of a mini-destination wedding setup.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards