Snarky Brides

Friday?

Anyone around today?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friday?

• I am and I'm hoping for a better day today Smile

Going to head for a run in a little while.  Have to wait for my running clothes to get out of the dryer.  I need to buy more workout attire but not right now.  I'll save it as a reward.
  • I'm here. How's it going?

Fridays are always kind of slow at work, so I just want to be home in bed. But tonight my best friend from highschool and I are going out for mexican food and to see a movie, so I do have things to look forward to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm here!! Slow day at work for me today...actually it's been a slow week!! Looking forward to actually being able to sleep in tommorrow for the first Sat I think in almost 2 months. Friday is traditionally FI and my "date night in" so we always get carryout and rent a movie. Not sure what to rent tonight.

Bunni--what movie are you going to see?? Sounds like fun! I love Mexican food
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't decided since our theater is not super reliable with accurate listings online or anything. The internet says they are still showing Silver Linings Playbook, so that is my first choice. Any recommendations?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't get out to the movies very often so I'm not much help :(  FI doesn't like seeing in theaters and the nicest theater quite a distance away so we usually see everything on DVD. Not sure if you're a Nicholas Sparks fan or not but I am looking foward to see Safe Haven. I have heard great things about Silver Linings though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im here :] & will be until I leave work at 5pm! I am so pumped...FI got his tax return (I have yet to even file mine) & gave me permission to spend lots of money on wedding stuff. Most of it is staying in the bank to pay for the reception. Anyway, I got an email from VP for 50% off today only. We ordered our RSVP cards when we ordered our STDs, so I already have those. But I just ordered 70 invites, 70 reception cards & 140 return labels for only $85! After shipping & tax it came to $105. I am so excited! I dont think I couldve got a better deal than I just did. Its such a relief to have those out of the way now. I am also pretty happy that my mom wasnt with me while I ordered them. She wanted it to say "Mr. & Mrs. Sierra's parents request the honor...." but I didnt think that was completely far since FIs dad & sm are also paying for some things. So, I decided to put "together with their parents, Sierra & Justin..." I feel like thats completely fair & if my mom doesnt like it, oh well.
    Tomorrow I am going BM dress shopping with all my girls! I am kinda excited, but not really. Mostly Im just excited to cuddle my MOHs (my cousin) new baby boy while they all try on dresses. Hes about 3 months old now & I have yet to meet him. She sends me pics & videos all the time but its just not the same. Hes so beautiful. Since Im going to be in the same area as all the craft stores, I am going to be stopping at either Hobby Lobby or Michaels (or both!) to pick up supplies for some DIY projects I need to get started on. Hopefully by Sunday I will have my cardbox done!
    FI bought me a new video game! I am by no means a video game fanatic, but I do enjoy playing them in my down time. He got me Mario Party 9! So glad he knows me so well. Cant wait to play it tonight!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    I'm here too!

Tonight H and I are gonna relax and watch a movie. We're thinking about the 007 movie that recently came to DVD... and possibly Breaking Dawn part 2. He's a trouper for putting up with me wanting to watch them. lol. I think we'll do some sort of simple dinner, not sure what yet. Tomorrow night I'm hoping H is feeling up to getting out of the house to go out for our friend's birthday dinner. I think he needs to get out of the house a little. If I were him I would have gone really stir crazy by now!

I've heard Silver Linings Playbook is supposed to be good. Though honestly, I have no idea what it's about. The commercials don't seem to tell you much. But it was nominated for awards so it certainly can't be all that bad. 

The new Die Hard movie is out. I love Bruce Willis in the old man crush sorta way.

I honestly have no idea what else is out right now.

ETA: Seirra, where are you going Bridesmaid dress shopping? Any dresses you have in mind? 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9451e99e-82d1-4377-9b32-f346efada5a7Post:0fab0b87-40f5-442e-9f0d-e02607dd8206">Re: Friday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here too! Tonight H and I are gonna relax and watch a movie. We're thinking about the 007 movie that recently came to DVD... and possibly Breaking Dawn part 2. He's a trouper for putting up with me wanting to watch them. lol. I think we'll do some sort of simple dinner, not sure what yet. Tomorrow night I'm hoping H is feeling up to getting out of the house to go out for our friend's birthday dinner. I think he needs to get out of the house a little. If I were him I would have gone really stir crazy by now! I've heard Silver Linings Playbook is supposed to be good. Though honestly, I have no idea what it's about. The commercials don't seem to tell you much. But it was nominated for awards so it certainly can't be all that bad.  The new Die Hard movie is out. I love Bruce Willis in the old man crush sorta way. I honestly have no idea what else is out right now. ETA: Seirra, where are you going Bridesmaid dress shopping? Any dresses you have in mind? 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

We are going to Davids. Its really the only place around, besides a small local shop. And there is one right near my MOH (she lives 5 hours away), so it will make it easy for her also. I dont have any styles in mind because I am letting the girls pick their own style. The only requirement I have is that they are all the same color (malibu) & short. Otherwise, I dont care if they are strapless, halter, etc. I didnt want my girls in the same dress...too cookie cutter for me, and they are all different sizes so the same dress would not flatter all of them. As long as they are comfortable, thats all that matters to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sierra - have fun dress shopping. I hope it is easy and your bridesmaids are agreeable. :)

Buzz -- sounds like a nice night in. How is your H feeling?

bunni -- come back with your movie review!

rel -- it's  been such a slow week here too! So glad it is Friday.

Marrin -- normally buying exercise clothes is the first step in getting me motivated, so kudos to you for making it your reward.

Both of my bosses were out of the office this AM so I did a bunch of wedding research on gifts for parents and the bridal party. Sent everything to FI and he, of course, is wondering why I am looking at this stuff so early.

Heart Healthy potluck for lunch!

Tonight one my bridesmaids and I are going to drink margaritas and gossip. Her H and my FI will both get home around 9:30 and come pick our drunk asses up. I can't WAIT.

BIG interview on Monday that I will be prepping for this weekend as well.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wish I had a Hobby Lobby...
    Anniversary
  • Sierra--Post a pic of your card box if you finish it! Based on your siggy countdown, are you getting married 8/31/13 too??? So I am! Props for already working on your card box! I haven't the slightest clue as to what I even want mine to look like :(

pickl--GOOD LUCK on your upcoming interview!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9451e99e-82d1-4377-9b32-f346efada5a7Post:01b1847d-00fd-4d14-b951-c0967e229639">Re: Friday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sierra--Post a pic of your card box if you finish it! Based on your siggy countdown, are you getting married 8/31/13 too??? So I am! Props for already working on your card box! I haven't the slightest clue as to what I even want mine to look like :( pickl--GOOD LUCK on your upcoming interview!!!!
    Posted by rel1988[/QUOTE]

Yes! We are wedding date buddies :] lol. I will def post a pic of it (if I even finish it). Its nothing too fancy or anything, so I am sure I wlll finish it this weekend. This is my first DIY project, and I am doing it alone, without the help of all my crafty friends and family. I just wanted to see if I can pull it off by myself. If it turns out awful, I still have 6 months to finish it. How far along into planning are you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9451e99e-82d1-4377-9b32-f346efada5a7Post:f41a98b4-d6b7-4fc3-af8b-bacf744e9046">Re: Friday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday? : Yes! We are wedding date buddies :] lol. I will def post a pic of it (if I even finish it). Its nothing too fancy or anything, so I am sure I wlll finish it this weekend. This is my first DIY project, and I am doing it alone, without the help of all my crafty friends and family. I just wanted to see if I can pull it off by myself. If it turns out awful, I still have 6 months to finish it. How far along into planning are you?
    Posted by Sierra524[/QUOTE]

Main stuff is all booked, ordered cake, got dresses...now I just have all the DIY stuff. Next week is designing invites, programs, etc. how about you?!?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards